I wanted to start a personal training business in one form or another for several years now. However, the podcast and HIT Business Membership have always taken center stage. More recently, I realized it makes a lot of sense for me to start a personal training business to document the journey, developing my expertise, and providing more value to you in both the podcast and the membership.
In the Part 1, I covered the first steps to starting a HIT business, software and tools to help you run your business and how to prepare for personal training before you are certified. In this episode, I talk about location, equipment and insurance, setting up a website for your business, market research, and much more.
Get an inside look at Lawrence’s HIT studio business and proven systems inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training professionals and researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my third appearance at REC. It’s my favourite weekend of the year, and I am so excited to attend again in March 2020.
So why should you attend REC?
Well, firstly, there will be keynote presentations from exercise icons like Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen, Stuart Phillips PhD, James Fisher PhD, and Luke Carlson.
As a studio owner, you will learn business tactics and strategies on how to grow your business from the CEO of Discover Strength, the highest revenue producing strength training company in the nation. Moreover, you will grow your network by connecting with other strength training business owners from around the world.
As a personal trainer, REC will provide you with tangible training techniques to take back to your clients to implement right away for better results. REC is approved by ACSM, NASM, ACE, and NSCA for continuing education credits.
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th March 2020 at the gorgeous Graduate Hotel, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Join me and register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class personal training and business network, you must attend. Please register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
This episode is also brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 2:15 – HIT business plan and HIT certifications
- 9:39 – Studio location, equipments, and insurance
- 18:17 – Website and email management
- 23:16 – Market research
- 29:57 – HIT Business Membership
Selected Links from the Episode
- Galway, Ireland
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- The Carnivore Diet by Shawn Baker
- MedX Machines
- Nautilus Machines
- Discover Strength
- Mike Wolff
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Dr. Shawn Baker (Listen to my episode with Shawn Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Simon Costello (Listen to my episode with Simon HERE)
- Nigel Lyons (Listen to my episode with Nigel HERE)
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10 and Part 11)
- Craig Hubert (Listen to my episode with Craig HERE)
- Simon Shawcross (Listen to my episodes with Simon here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- James Schramko (Listen to my episode with James HERE)
- Greg Merrilees
- Hannah Stael von Holstein (Listen to my episode with Hannah HERE)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6)
- Patty Durell (Listen to my episodes with Patty here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Owen Dockham (Listen to my episodes with Owen here: Part 1 and Part 2)