Simon Shawcross (simon @ hituni.com) is a master personal trainer, co-author of The ONE Diet, and of course, founder of HITuni. Simon has more than 20 years of experience as a personal trainer, and has been helping people get their certifications and start their own HIT business for 7 years.
HITuni is the e-learning provider that specialise in delivering courses on High Intensity Training (HIT) and Evidence Based Fitness. If you are preparing to start a career in the fitness industry or have a thirst for in-depth knowledge, HITuni offers the comprehensive HIT Personal Trainer and Master HIT Personal Trainer course (use code HIB10 for 10% OFF).
Listen to Simon Shawcross’ other appearances on the podcast:
- How HIT Improves Cardiovascular Health and How to Become a Great Personal Trainer
- How to Optimise Productivity Through Nutrition, Mindset and Meditation
- How He Started a HIT Business From Scratch and Effectively Marketed and Scaled His Way to Success (and What You Can Learn From It All)
In this episode, Simon Shawcross talks about the 7 pillars to becoming a great personal trainer, an overview of HITuni, HITuni personal training courses, and much more.
Build a highly profitable high intensity training business when you join HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 5:10 – Increase your core knowledge
- 14:46 – Know your craft and equipment
- 20:28 – Learn from courses and other trainers
- 29:04 – Know the client
- 45:48 – Develop coaching and communication
- 50:17 – Always sell your service
- 55:33 – Ensure safety, progressive overload and client engagement
- 56:26 – Always be learning
- 1:02:19 – HITuni courses
Selected Links from the Episode
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Discover Strength
- Studying Studies: Part I – relative risk vs. absolute risk
- Dilution Effect
- Max Pyramid Protocol (John Little)
- Running with Strength (Skyler Tanner)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6)
- Dr. James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episode with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- John Little (Listen to my episodes with John here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Bill DeSimone (Listen to my episodes with Bill DeSimone here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Jay Vincent (Listen to my episodes with Jay here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)