Nigel Lyons (info @ specialisedpersonaltraining.com) is a HIT personal trainer and founder of Specialised Personal Training in Dublin, Ireland. Health and fitness has always been Nigel’s passion. He has been in the industry for over 4 years educating and motivating people from around the world to make positive changes to their lifestyle. Nigel is also the author of Optimal Fitness for Busy Professionals: How to be a Fit Corporate Professional, be More Productive, and Spend Less Time in the Gym.
Simon has been involved in martial arts and weight training since he was 15 years old. He holds a black belt in taekwon-do and has competed in taekwon-do, kickboxing, and boxing. He retired from combat sports in 2018, just before turning 40. He now enjoys rigorous games of tennis at the local club, along with his sessions at the gym. He has consistently done weight training throughout the years, and has switched to a more “HIT” approach since 2013.
In this episode, Simon, Nigel, and I, discuss our recent workout, we talk about HIT regimens in general, how to grow a HIT business in a big box gym, and much more.
Take your personal training business to the next level with Lawrence’s help inside HIT Business Membership
The video below shows the entire high intensity strength training workout in Dublin, Ireland, which we mentioned on the podcast. Simon Costello and I are instructed by high-intensity trainer, Nigel Lyon.
Enjoy the podcast below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:21 – How Simon and Nigel got into HIT
- 9:36 – Benefits of warm-ups before a workout
- 15:03 – Nigel and Simon’s workout regimen
- 36:13 – What it is like to do a HIT business in Dublin?
- 41:59 – Client experience from Nigel’s workouts
- 44:21 – Tips for effective HIT messaging
- 49:23 – Software tools for payment and email marketing
- 57:08 – How is the HIT business opportunity in Ireland?
- 1:02:24 – Advice for young HIT personal trainers
Selected Links from the Episode
- Dublin, Ireland
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- The 21 Convention
- Paleo Diet & Strength Training Biochemistry | Doug McGuff M.D. | Full Length HD (21 Convention Presentation)
- S.P.A.R.T.A. Personal Trainer Manual: Art and Science by Chris Lutz
- National Training Centre (Dublin)
- Nautilus Machines
- MedX Machines
- Muscle Hypertrophy
- Cable Fly
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Drew Baye (Listen to my episodes with Drew Baye here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7)
- Chris Lutz
- Mike Lipowski (Listen to my episode with Mike HERE)
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8 and Part 9)
- James Steele (Listen to my episode with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4)
- Dr. James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5)
- Marcelo Mesquita (Listen to my episode with Marcelo HERE)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4)