It’s the one you have been waiting for … :D. This is Part 1 of a Round Table with Drew Baye, Ryan Hall and Skyler Tanner. I loved recording this! It was a real honour and pleasure to have 3 of the top exercise experts on the planet on my podcast all at the same time. As per my introduction, you will be hard pushed to find a single podcast episode on the internet with as much intellectual horsepower on exercise as this one.
Part 2 will be published this Saturday!
Drew Baye is one of the top HIT trainers on the planet and has the #1 HIT blog: Baye.com. Ryan Hall runs Exercise Science LLC, a successful HIT facility in New Orleans, and is a contributor to the genetics chapters within the very popular exercise book, Body By Science. Skyler Tanner is often regarding as one of the world’s top personal trainers. He has a very popular health and fitness blog, has been featured in many popular conferences, publications, etc, and now runs Smart Strength.
In this episode, we cover:
- The most under/over utilised concepts from Arthur Jones that are used in HIT today
- What percentage of the stuff we geek out on really matters?
- How to determine your optimal training frequency
- How to live to nurture good overall health and posture
- … and much more!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation. As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $1,000 OFF software licensing fees, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field.
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff and Discover Strength CEO, Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. There are courses for both trainers and trainees. So even if you’re not a trainer but someone who practices HIT, this course can help you figure out how to improve your progress and get best results. Check out Hituni.com, add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code ‘CW10’ to get 10% off your purchase!
To subscribe via email and get my FREE eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr Doug McGuff, Drew Baye and Skyler Tanner – Click here
QUESTION OF THE DAY: What would you like more information on? Please let me and the guests know in the comments at the bottom of this post.
Click the link below to listen from the exact time stamp on Overcast:
- Which of Arthur Jones’s ideas have been under-utilised and over-utilised by the HIT community [6:59]
- How to figure out your optimal training frequency [27:25]
- What percentage of the stuff we geek out on actually matters to the vast majority? [43:11]
- Art De Vany’s workout protocol [49:02]
- A review: negative emphasised training and adaptive machines [54:27]
- Is HIT really enough exercise for overall health and fitness? [1:09:06]
Selected Links from the Episode
- 5-minute Journal (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Morning Pages
- High Intensity Training (HIT)
- MedX Exercise Equipment
- MedX Exercise Equipment – Lumbar Strength
- Project Kratos
- Positive Versus Negative Strength – The Friction Theory is Wrong
- Nautilus Training Principles: Bulletins No. 1-3
- Iron Man Magazine
- Frequency: The Overlooked Resistance Training Variable for Inducing Muscle Hypertrophy?
- Effects of Resistance Training Frequency on Measures of Muscle Hypertrophy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Variability in muscle size and strength gain after unilateral resistance training
- Efficient Exercise
- How to Reverse Aging with Art De Vany
- ARX (Adaptive Resistance Exercise)
- Nautilus Nitro Leg Press
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Exercise Vs. Physical Activity: The Sequel
- On Proper Exercise: Corrective AND Protective
- Pomodoro Technique
- Prolonged sitting negatively affects the postprandial plasma triglyceride-lowering effect of acute exercise
- Ryan Hall (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Drew Baye (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Arthur Jones
- Jim Flanagan
- David Landau (Listen to our episode here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- James Steele PhD (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
- Dr James Fisher (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Jeremy Loenneke (Listen to our episode here)
- Adam Zickerman (Listen to our episode here)
- James Krieger
- Brad Schoenfeld (Listen to our episode here)
- Jay Vincent (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Art De Vany
- Tim Ferriss
- Roger Schwab (Listen to our episode here)
- Jim Keen
- Joshua Trentine
- Al Coleman
- Randy Rindfleisch
- Mike Pullano
- Andy Galpin PhD (Listen to our episode here)
- Katie Bowman
- Dr Doug McGuff (Listen to our episodes here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Mike Mentzer
- Tim Allerton (Listen to our episode here: Part 1 and Part 2)