Brandon Jonker (Brandon [@] Jonkercc [dot] com), former Director of Operations at Discover Strength, is an experienced fitness industry executive and the founder of Jonker Coaching and Consulting. Brandon helps business leaders achieve the most out of their organizations by helping create organizational clarity through systematization and teaching tools on organizational strategy and people management. Brandon has a proven track record in the successful implementation of operations management principles and tactics to help scale and optimise a fitness business. Brandon received a BA in Exercise Science from Gustavus Adolphus College and is an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist.
Brandon joins me on the podcast to discuss Discover Strength’s repetition duration study and the operations management cornerstones that help make Discover Strength one of the fastest growing high-intensity studio businesses. Discover Strength’s four personal training facilities are among the highest volume/revenue training facilities in the country.
Access proven systems from Brandon inside HIT Business Membership
“Inspect what you expect”
– Wise words from Brandon on running a smooth strength training business operation.
- We discuss the recent Discover Strength study on the Results and Application of the Repetition Duration
- How to create an exercise menu that improves personal training service quality
- How to shadow trainers to improve client retention
- … and much, much more!
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
Selected Links from the Episode
- Resistance Exercise Conference
- Neither repetition duration, nor number of muscle actions affect strength increases, body composition, muscle size or fasted blood glucose in trained males and females
- Momentary muscular failure
- What is SuperSlow?
- The Body Fat Breakthrough: Tap the Muscle-Building Power of Negative Training and Lose Up to 30 Pounds in 30 days! by Dr Ellington Darden ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Dr James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- Dr Wayne Westcott (Listen to my episode with Wayne here)
- Dr Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4)