Luke Carlson is a Certified Exercise Physiologist and Kinesiologist, Cancer Exercise Specialist, and most importantly, the founder and CEO of one of the fastest growing high-intensity training businesses in world, Discover Strength. Luke is also the founder of the Resistance Exercise Conference: The Science and Application of Strength Training For Health and Human Performance.
Luke joins me on podcast again to discuss how to generate more revenue in your high intensity training business. This is one of the most common questions I get via email, social, the website and within the membership. It’s hands-down the most common challenge in our industry.
In this episode, Luke explains the steps you need to go through to drive significantly more revenue into your high intensity training business.
- Discover Strength
- Email: luke [@] discoverstrength [.] com
- How to find your target market
- How to establish your 3 uniques and differentiate your HIT business
- How to retain clients long term
- And much more
Access Luke’s proven systems inside HIT Business Membership
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by VitalExercise.com, a one-of-kind personal training facility in the UK owned and run by world-class personal trainer, Ted Harrison. For over 30 years, Ted has been very successful in helping people achieve great results, and, if you’ve seen the blog posts for his episodes on this podcast, you’ve seen that he walks the walk. For 57, he looks amazing!
Operating from a HIT base, Ted uses an eclectic mix of training styles to optimise results for his clients. Ted put me through one of the best workouts of my life and is someone I go to for advice often.
To book a free consultation either at his facility in Essex in the UK or to find out more about his virtual coaching, which includes personalised training, nutritional and motivational advice, go here where you can fill in a contact form or phone Ted directly for more info.
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- Nautilus Bulletin #1 (PDF)
- Nautilus Bulletin #2 (PDF)
- The Sporting Club Main Line
- High intensity training
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Doug Holland – How To Start And Grow A Strength Training Business
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Big-5 Workout Demo
- Fabiano Designs
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Orange Theory Fitness
- Dunning–Kruger effect
- Roger Schwab (Listen to my episode with Roger here)
- Joe Cirulli
- Iliana Stoilova
- Mike Bradley (Listen to my episode with Mike here)
- Doug Holland (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Seth Godin
- Hannah Stael von Holstein
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Howard Shultz
- Dr James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
Listen to Luke Carlson’s other appearances on the podcast:
- Discover Strength CEO, Luke Carlson on How to Build a Successful HIT Business, Forced Reps vs Unassisted MMF and Minimalist Marathon Training
- What Luke Carlson has Learned about Exercise after Collecting a Ton of Data and Running Large Scale Experiments
- James Fisher and Luke Carlson – The Keys to Running a Successful Business, Optimizing Your Workouts for Strength and Mass Gains, and the Busy Person’s Guide to Working Out
- Luke Carlson on How to Run and Scale Your Fitness Business in the Smartest and Most Effective Ways Possible
- Luke Carlson – How To Delegate In Your High Intensity Strength Training Business
- Luke Carlson – How To Efficiently Utilise Your Exercise Machine Lines For Maximum Profit
- Luke Carlson – How to Attract and Keep Great Personal Trainers in your HIT Business Part 1
- Luke Carlson – How to Attract and Keep Great Personal Trainers in your HIT Business Part 2
- Luke Carlson – Are you a Personal Trainer or a Business Owner?
- Luke Carlson – How Often Should you Train your Clients?