Dr. Bryce Lee (bryce @ strength-space.com) is the Director of Therapy and Co-founder of StrengthSpace, a fitness studio that provides clients with resistance training and physical therapy services in Chesapeake, VA. His doctoral program focuses on orthopaedics, pain neuroscience, the relationship between systemic inflammation and “mechanical” disorders such as osteoarthritis and tendinopathy.
In this episode, Bryce talks about the settings, biomechanics, and instruction around the MedX Overhead Press to help you train your clients better. You’ll learn how to coach clients on the MedX Overhead Press, proper seat and grip positions, implementing different exercise protocols, and much more.
Learn how to train clients with other MedX Exercise Machines:
303 – Tim Ryan on Selling a HIT Studio Business, Starting Anew, and Training Clients on the MedX Avenger Leg Press
299 – Craig Hubert – How to Setup, Supervise, and Succeed with the MedX Chest Press
294 – Luke Carlson – How to Coach, Configure, and Conquer with the MedX Leg Press
262 – Dr Doug McGuff – How More Contractions may Increase Muscle Growth, Training with a Newborn, and MedX Medical Machines
Become a successful HIT business owner when you join HIT Business Membership
MedX Shoulder Press Coaching Tips Part 1:
MedX Shoulder Press Coaching Tips Part 2:
Download How to Attract Great Personal Trainers PDF
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:30 – Settings, biomechanics, seat position
- 11:33 – Muscles involved when using the MedX Overhead Press
- 26:51 – Electromyography (EMG) and muscle recruitment
- 29:45 – Thoughts on different grip positions
- 37:49 – Elbow lockout – YES or NO?
- 45:12 – Coaching clients on the MedX Overhead Press
- 53:49 – Do grip positions matter?
- 55:55 – MedX Overhead Press protocols
- 59:05 – How to train clients hard during bad days
Selected Links from the Episode
- MedX Machines
- MedX Overhead Press
- Serratus Anterior
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nautilus Inc.
- Super Slow
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Dynavec’s Gluteator
- Exercise Programing Series with Luke Carlson and James Fisher
Rick Staddon says
These equipment focused episodes are interesting, but they would be much more effective if the guest had an anatomy chart and the machine in question right in front of them.
Lawrence Neal says
This is a great idea! Thanks Rick.