Dr. Bryce Lee (bryce @ strength-space.com) is the Director of Therapy and Co-founder of StrengthSpace, a fitness studio that provides clients with resistance training and physical therapy services in Chesapeake, VA. His doctoral program focuses on orthopaedics, pain neuroscience, the relationship between systemic inflammation and “mechanical” disorders such as osteoarthritis and tendinopathy.
In this episode, Bryce talks about the settings, biomechanics, and instruction around the MedX Overhead Press to help you train your clients better. You’ll learn how to coach clients on the MedX Overhead Press, proper seat and grip positions, implementing different exercise protocols, and much more.
Learn how to train clients with other MedX Exercise Machines:
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:30 – Settings, biomechanics, seat position
- 11:33 – Muscles involved when using the MedX Overhead Press
- 26:51 – Electromyography (EMG) and muscle recruitment
- 29:45 – Thoughts on different grip positions
- 37:49 – Elbow lockout – YES or NO?
- 45:12 – Coaching clients on the MedX Overhead Press
- 53:49 – Do grip positions matter?
- 55:55 – MedX Overhead Press protocols
- 59:05 – How to train clients hard during bad days
Selected Links from the Episode
- MedX Machines
- MedX Overhead Press
- Big 5 Workout
- Serratus Anterior
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nautilus Inc.
- Super Slow
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by BJ Fogg
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Dynavec’s Gluteator
- Exercise Programing Series with Luke Carlson and James Fisher