Tim Ryan (info @ stronglifetraining.com) is a Master Super Slow instructor and owner of Strong Life Personal Training in Barrington, Illinois. He has 40 years of experience in the health and fitness field operating various personal training businesses, mentoring exercise instructors, and taking part in exercise equipment design. Tim has earned various national fitness certifications from ACSM, ACE, and the Super Slow Exercise Guild.
Listen to my previous podcast with Tim HERE.
In this episode, Tim Ryan shares his HIT studio business journey, how to train clients on the MedX Avenger Leg Press, key pointers on hyperextension/lockout, specific settings around weight stack, and much more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 2:04 – Fitness business story and challenges encountered
- 11:11 – Dealing with consumer fear
- 18:56 – Strong Life Personal Training – training method, sessions, equipment
- 27:07 – How to train clients on the MedX Avenger Leg Press
- 42:43 – Key tips about using the MedX Avenger Leg Press
- 56:30 – Perspective on injuries from hyperextension or lockout
- 1:02:31 – Specific settings around weight stack
- 1:12:46 – Micro loading and client progression
Selected Links from the Episode
- Strong Life Personal Training
- Northern Illinois University
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Super Slow
- Super Slow Exercise Guild
- 40 – Tim Ryan – Personal Trainer, Veteran of the Health & Fitness Industry, and Founder & Operator of Precision Fitness
- MedX Machines
- Nautilus Inc.
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- 294 – Luke Carlson – How to Coach, Configure, and Conquer with the MedX Leg Press
- Discover Strength
- Cybex Equipment
- Life Fitness Machines