Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis,Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions, including virtual personal training, facilitated by educated and expert trainers.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Luke HERE.
In this episode, Luke Carlson talks about the details and nuances around the MedX Leg Press to help you improve your trainer’s performance and allow clients to perform better. You’ll learn how to utilize it in the best way, coaching clients on the leg press, how to configure the setting effectively, and much more.
Also, Luke gives an overview of the upcoming Virtual REC – incredible keynote speakers, and great content that’s going to boost your strength training knowledge and help you grow your high intensity training business. Register for Virtual REC Now.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:05 – How to configure and best utilize the MedX leg press
- 12:29 – Coaching clients on the MedX leg press
- 19:44 – When you should avoid lockouts and muscle failure
- 22:49 – Focusing on form elements that matter
- 29:47 – Importance of giving positive specific feedback
- 32:25 – Overview of Virtual REC (keynotes and highlights)
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- MedX Machines
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Build the Million Dollar Personal Training Gym with Luke Carlson
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- TED Talks
- Nautilus Inc.
- X-Force Philadelphia
- Michael Petrella | Podcasts
- Dr. James Steele | Podcasts
- Stephen Covey
- Dr. James Fisher | Podcasts
- Dr. Stuart Phillips | Podcasts
- Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen
- Patty Durell | Podcasts
- Owen Dockham | Podcasts
- Jay Vincent | Podcasts
- Skyler Tanner | Podcasts
- Peter Rana
- Jeff Tomazewski | Podcasts
- Diana Del Garbino | Podcasts
- Mike Lipowski | Podcasts
- Roger Schwab | Podcasts
- Mike Mentzer
- Kirei Yasunori
- Iliana Stoilova
- Doug Holland | Podcasts