Craig Hubert (craig @ gethit.ca) is a certified personal trainer since 1997 and a licensed Kinesitherapist since 2002. He started seeing clients in small gyms and private studios before starting his own successful in-home HIT training business. Craig runs Get HIT / Altered (currently rebranding), a high intensity strength training studio in Quebec, Canada.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Craig HERE.
In this episode, Craig Hubert describes how to effectively utilize the MedX Chest Press including equipment setup, pre-exercise instructions, client coaching, exercise protocols, overload techniques, and much more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 2:11 – About Altered – philosophy, sessions, offerings, tools
- 8:40 – MedX Chest Press: Overview & Settings
- 11:24 – How to set clients up on the MedX Chest Press
- 19:05 – Ideal grip for shoulder issues (vertical vs. horizontal)
- 26:39 – Tips on movement, range of motion, and lockout
- 40:16 – Coaching and pre-exercise instructions
- 57:09 – Implementation of exercise protocols (10/10, Super Slow, J-Reps)
- 1:06:48 – Overload techniques and set extenders
Selected Links from the Episode
- MedX Machines
- 294 – Luke Carlson – How to Coach, Configure, and Conquer with the MedX Leg Press
- Discover Strength
- HIT Business Membership
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- ARXFit (mention “HIB” for $500 OFF)
- Pendulum Machines
- Nautilus Inc.
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- Congruent Exercise: How to Make Weight Training Easier on Your Joints by Bill DeSimone
- Yoga Blocks
- Swiss Ball
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- X-Force Protocol
- Super Slow Protocol
- J-Reps or Johnston Rep Method
- RenEx Equipment