John Briggs (john @ incitetax.com), is a tax genius and runs Incite Tax and Accounting in Sandy, Utah, a multi-million-dollar firm and the largest in the country, adapting Michalowicz’s Profit First concept serving micro gym owners focusing on tax and cash-flow strategies. He has been featured in CrossFit Journal, Box Pro Magazine, and on micro gym podcasts such as Two-Brain Radio, WTF Gym Talk and The 321 Podcast.
John has been sharing his expertise in fitness business events like the Gym Owner’s Growth Summit, ProfitCON and Two-Brain Summit. His book, Profit First for Microgyms, presents a step-by-step plan to help transform microgyms into a profitable business.
Jump start your gym’s cashflow using John’s free 5-Day Challenge Program.
In this episode, John Briggs shares his expertise on tax and accounting, profit first system for micro gyms, tools and tips for startup gyms, financial best practices for fitness business, and much more.
Build a highly profitable high intensity training business when you Join HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training professionals and researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my third appearance at REC. It’s my favourite weekend of the year, and I am so excited to attend again in March 2020.
So why should you attend REC?
Well, firstly, there will be keynote presentations from exercise icons like Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen, Stuart Phillips PhD, James Fisher PhD, and Luke Carlson.
As a studio owner, you will learn business tactics and strategies on how to grow your business from the CEO of Discover Strength, the highest revenue producing strength training company in the nation. Moreover, you will grow your network by connecting with other strength training business owners from around the world.
As a personal trainer, REC will provide you with tangible training techniques to take back to your clients to implement right away for better results. REC is approved by ACSM, NASM, ACE, and NSCA for continuing education credits.
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th March 2020 at the gorgeous Graduate Hotel, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Join me and register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class personal training and business network, you must attend. Please register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
This episode is also brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 7:34 – What is the Profit First system?
- 13:32 – Profit First for micro gyms
- 21:26 – Profit first tips and financial best practices
- 26:18 – Productive Expenses vs. Unproductive Expenses
- 32:37 – Best tools/software for startup gyms
- 36:15 – Is a special launch necessary for new gyms?
- 41:28 – Common fitness business death traps
- 48:47 – Important KPIs for micro gyms
Selected Links from the Episode
- Incite Tax & Accounting
- Crossfit Journal
- Box Pro Magazine
- Two-Brain Radio (Spotify, Stitcher)
- WTF Gym Talk
- The 321 Go Podcast
- Gym Owner’s Growth Summit
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- John Briggs – Profit First for Microgyms Podcast (The Future of Fitness)
- Future of Fitness (Apple, PlayerFM)
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- Profit First for Microgyms: A Simple System for Healthy Cashflow by John Briggs
- Profit First for Microgyms (website)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert Kiyosaki
- Parkinson’s Law
- Discover Strength
- Gold’s Gym
- Planet Fitness
- Y Combinator
- Martyrdom Syndrome