In this episode, I am interviewed on The Deskbound Podcast (iTunes) by podcaster, entrepreneur and my good friend, Brandon Olin. Brandon is also the founder of Movility, which provides products and resources to help the desk-bound busy professional to improve their health and fitness.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The benefits of high intensity strength training
- Resistance training and anti-aging
- Why HIT is a great fit for a busy professional
- The importance of adding one new habit at a time
- The Slow Carb Diet
- Common training mistakes
- How to manage volume and frequency
- And more …
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by Health IQ: A life insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclists, weight lifters, HIT participants and more, get a lower rate on their life insurance.
Go to healthiq.com/cwarrior to support the show and see if you qualify. If you take care of yourself: do smart strength training, eat well, and you’re life insurance company doesn’t seem like they care, there’s an answer for you: Health IQ actually gives savings to people who take care of themselves. About 56% of Health IQ customers save between 4-33% on their life insurance. Health IQ customers can save up to a third because physically active people have a 56% lower risk of heart disease, 20% lower risk of cancer and a 58% lower risk of diabetes compared to people that are inactive, but your life insurance company probably just doesn’t care, you care, and there are companies out there that care.
To see if you qualify, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/cwarrior or mention the promo code CWarrior when you talk to a health IQ agent.
FREE HIT workout progress sheet and 20 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Bill DeSimone – Click Here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: How did HIT change your life? I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments.
Selected Links from the Episode
- How to Lose 14 Pounds in Less Than 30 Days – The Complete Slow Carb Diet Guide
- Big-5 Workout
- Super Slow
- High-intensity training
- Momentary Muscular Failure
- Resistance exercise reverses aging in human skeletal muscle
- Manipulating muscle protein turnover to maximize exercise adaptations, Stuart Phillips (High loads vs low loads)
- Knowledge worker
- Pareto Law
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Dr Doug McGuff and John R. Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Selection Bias
- Navy Seal Buds Training
- The 4 Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat Loss, Incredible Sex and Becoming Superhuman by Tim Ferriss ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Ketogenic Diet
- Cold exposure for fat loss
- From Geek to Freak: How I Gained 34 lbs. of Muscle in 4 Weeks
- Kettlebells ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Tough Mudder
- List of HIT trainers
- Project Kratos
- Isometrics: Static Holds and Static Contraction Training
- Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Muay Thai
- Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It by Gary Taubes ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )