Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis and four other personal training facilities in Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions, including virtual personal training, facilitated by educated and expert trainers.
Learn how you can own a Discover Strength franchise HERE
Listen to my previous podcasts with Luke HERE.
Michael Petrella is the owner and head trainer at STG Strength and Power. STG is regarded by many as one of the finest and best equipped private gyms in the world.
Michael is MEDX/HIT Certified (IART), Master HIT Certified (S.P.A.R.T.A.), Certified as a Youth Fitness Instructor (YouthFit Certified), winner of the prestiges “Most Innovative Training Program” with the World Head of Family Sokeship Council, and coach to 61 AWPC/WPC/IPA/RPS/100% Raw Powerlifting World Records.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Michael HERE.
In this episode, Michael Petrella and Luke Carlson talk about the future of HIT, how to start a HIT studio post COVID-19, how to identify your target market, marketing and client acquisition strategies, and much more.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:39 – COVID-19 and reopening updates
- 13:13 – Post COVID-19 mindset and future plans
- 24:31 – Impact on consumer behaviors
- 35:16 – Future of HIT and business opportunities
- 42:25 – Workout protocols during COVID-19
- 49:07 – Why health clubs are viewed as ‘excertainment’
- 54:28 – Basic checklist to start a studio post COVID-19
- 1:18:21 – Identifying the target market
- 1:25:29 – Marketing and tactics to getting your first clients
- 1:40:48 – Advice for startups and HIT entrepreneurs
Selected Links from the Episode
- Preparing Your HIT Business for Coronavirus (First podcast on Coronavirus with Mike Petrella and Luke Carlson)
- COVID-19 Pandemic
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Nautilus Inc.
- MedX Machines
- The Art of Manliness: Classic Skills and Manners for the Modern Man by Brett McKay and Kate McKay
- 204 – Michael Petrella – How To Deliver The Perfect Introductory Workout
- Dynavec Multi-Directional Resistance Systems
- Pendulum Machines
- The Day After Tomorrow
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- HITuni (HIT Courses)
- Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro)
- GoodLife Fitness
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin
- Business Network International (BNI)
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- Marketing episodes with Luke:
- 293 – How to Make your HIT Business Thrive in 2021
- 280 – Luke Carlson – How to Build a Six-Figure HIT Studio “Lifestyle” Business
- 270 – Luke Carlson – The Complete Fitness Studio Recovery Plan
- 269 – Luke Carlson – How to Generate $44,460 Per Week with Virtual Personal Training
- 256 – Luke Carlson and Dr Bryce Lee – Hiring, Referral Marketing, and Startups
- 145 – Luke Carlson – How To Generate More Revenue In Your High Intensity Training Business
- 257.5 – How to Adapt your HIT Business to COVID-19 with Adam Zickerman, Luke Carslon, Melinda Hughes and Skyler Tanner