Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis and four other personal training facilities in Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions, including virtual personal training, facilitated by educated and expert trainers.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Luke HERE.
In today’s episode, Luke Carlson shares tactics, principles, and mindset on how to generate a six figure income with a lifestyle business. We also cover topics on marketing, tax management, delegation, systems and processes, and much more.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 4:07 – What is a lifestyle business?
- 6:25 – The growth trap/dilemma
- 14:06 – How to build a lifestyle business
- 21:40 – Essentialist approach to overwhelm
- 26:02 – Paid marketing vs. Remarkable service/product
- 31:27 – Discover Strength’s unique workout
- 40:17 – Customer feedback, Operational decisions
- 43:11 – The value of creating systems and processes
- 50:33 – Hands off approach to building a lifestyle business
- 55:52 – Tax management tactics
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- The Perfect Workout
- InForm Fitness
- Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur by Derek Sivers
- Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big by Bo Burlingham
- Business Network International (BNI)
- Quantify Fitness
- Gainesville Health & Fitness Center
- MedX Machines
- Sport Clips
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin
- Listen 360
- The Game Changers
- Bain & Company
- The Ultimate Question 2.0 (Revised and Expanded Edition): How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World by Fred Reichheld
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Ultimate Exercise
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t by Verne Harnish