James Fisher PhD (james.fisher @ solent.ac.uk) is a Course Leader and Senior Lecturer for the School of Sport, Health, and Social Sciences at Southampton Solent University in the UK. He is regarded as one of the leading researchers in exercise science, and in particular, resistance training.
Luke Carlson (Luke @ DiscoverStrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis and four other personal training facilities in Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions facilitated by educated and expert trainers. Their personal training facilities are among the highest volume/revenue training facilities in the United States.
In this episode, we discuss the state of the HIT industry, HIT interest from different population groups, the HIT business landscape, trends in exercise machines, the future of HIT, and much, much more!
Access exclusive content from Luke and James inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training professionals and researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my third appearance at REC. It’s my favourite weekend of the year, and I am so excited to attend again in March 2020.
So why should you attend REC?
Well, firstly, there will be keynote presentations from exercise icons like Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen, Stuart Phillips PhD, James Fisher PhD, and Luke Carlson.
As a studio owner, you will learn business tactics and strategies on how to grow your business from the CEO of Discover Strength, the highest revenue producing strength training company in the nation. Moreover, you will grow your network by connecting with other strength training business owners from around the world.
As a personal trainer, REC will provide you with tangible training techniques to take back to your clients to implement right away for better results. REC is approved by ACSM, NASM, ACE, and NSCA for continuing education credits.
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th March 2020 at the gorgeous Graduate Hotel, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Join me and register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class personal training and business network, you must attend. Please register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
- 1:53 – Current state of the HIT industry
- 6:53 – HIT in sports
- 14:38 – HIT in different population groups
- 24:15 – Why infighting is killing the HIT industry
- 30:53 – The future of HIT
- 45:57 – HIT vs. CrossFit
- 53:59 – HIT business and the trend in motor-driven machines
- 1:13:03 – Why start a HIT business now?
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- Southampton, UK
- Southampton Solent University
- A minimal dose approach to resistance training for the older adult; the prophylactic for aging.
- In a Hurry? Try Express Weight Training
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- European College of Sports Science (ECSS)
- Orange Theory
- Soul Cycle
- Men’s Health
- Muscle & Fitness
- Flex Magazine
- Dunning–Kruger Effect
- Nautilus Machines
- Phoenix Fitness Machines
- The X-Force Machines
- Gainesville Health & Fitness
- Matrix Fitness Machines
- Arthur Jones
- Dr. Jeremy Loenneke (Listen to my episodes with Jeremy here: Part 1, Part 2)
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Jim Flanagan (Listen to my episodes with Jim here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Dr. Teresa Liu-Ambrose (Listen to my episode with Teresa HERE)
- Steve Ritz (Listen to my episode with Steve HERE)
- Ken Hutchins
- Michael Jordan
- Casey Viator