Jim Flanagan is one of the most knowledgable and effective strength trainers in the world, and served alongside Arthur Jones during the Nautilus and MedX founding era for 36 years. In 2017, Jim Flanagan was inducted into the National Fitness Hall of Fame.
In this podcast episode, Jim Flanagan joins me for a Part 2. This was even better than the first episode and Jim and I cover a lot of interesting topics within high intensity training, body building, and the fitness business.
- Email – jjflanagan [@] centurylink.net
- The Real HIT Experience Official Website
- The Real HIT Experience on Facebook
- Jim Flanagan’s Resistance Solutions, Inc. on Linkedin
- Jim Flanagan on Linkedin
- Jim Flanagan at the National Fitness Hall of Fame Museum & Institute
- The exercise machine industry and the challenges exercise machine manufacturers face today
- The history of Arthur Jones
- Casey Viator and The Colorado Experiment
- Freak athletes
- Jim’s personal workout
- What to focus on when starting a strength training business
- How to find/cultivate personal training talent
- The importance of sticking to your business strengths
- And much more ….
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
Would you like to hear more from Jim Flanagan? Check out our first episode where Jim describes the rise of Nautilus and MedX, lessons learned from Arthur Jones, how to become an effective public speaker and sales person, and much more (stream below or right-click here to download):
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff, Dr James Fisher and Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. If you want to become an excellent HIT Personal Trainer, create a great team of trainers, build a successful fitness business or just significantly improve your knowledge of high intensity training, use CW10 to get 10% off courses – HERE
This episode is brought to you by the Corporate Warrior Membership, an online service designed to help you get the best results from your high intensity training and/or start and grow your strength training business with exclusive high quality podcast and digital content, a best-in-class forum community, 1-on-1 coaching, exclusive discounts on HIT products and services like courses, exercise equipment, workout gear, events and more. To learn more, please to go HERE
FREE HIT workout progress sheet and 20 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Bill DeSimone – Click Here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: What was your biggest takeaway from this episode? I’d love to know. Please let me know in the comments below!
Selected Links from the Episode
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Minimum viable product
- Iron Man Magazine
- Muscular Development Magazine
- MedX Exercise Equipment
- X-Force Exercise Machines
- ARXFit (Mention “Corporate Warrior” in the how did you hear about us field for $1,000 off software licensing)
- High intensity training
- Colorado Experiment
- NFL Combine
- NBA Combine
- Golden State Warriors
- University of Notre Dame
- Muscle and Fitness
- The New High Intensity Training ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Christner’s Prime Steak & Lobster Restaurant
- Momentary Muscular Failure
- Resistance Exercise Conference
- Arthur Jones
- Kim Wood
- Bill Pearl
- Joe Cirulli
- Roger Schwab (Listen to my our episode here)
- Dr Ellington Darden
- John Turner
- Casey Viator
- Paavo V. Komi
- Mike Mentzer
- Ray Mentzer
- Boyer Coe
- Sergio Oliva
- Dick Butkus
- Kevin Durant
- John Mooney
- Dale Carnegie
- Frank Leahy
- Steve Reeves
- Luke Carlson (Listen to my episodes with Luke here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4)
- Owen Dockham (Listen to my episode with Owen here)
- Skyler Tanner (Listen to my episodes with Skyler here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6)