Gary Knight has been a HIT advocate, practitioner and coach for over a decade. His journey has brought him from the Australian outback to the busy streets of London where he focuses on transforming the bodies of CEO’s and executives using HIT principles.
Gary is the most disagreeable personal trainer around (his own words). He has a refreshing no-bullshit attitude and says it exactly like it is. This conversation was A LOT of fun and serves as an excellent primer on how to pick the right method to build muscle and lose fat effectively.
In this episode, we also cover:
- How to objectively measure your workouts to figure out what works
- The problems with periodisation
- How to self-motivate with self authoring
- How to get ripped on a McDonalds diet
- … and much more
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference – The science and application of strength training for health and human performance.
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- Join a welcome reception on Friday night to build relationships with other strength training professionals?
- Experience an early morning workout from an expert trainer to kick start your Saturday?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do and that is why I am attending and interviewing all of the speakers at the event.
The resistance exercise conference will be held on the 9th and 10th of March 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota at The Commons Hotel.
To get 10% off your entry fee, head on over to ResistanceExerciseConference.com, click the registration button and enter corporatewarrior10 in the promo code field in PayPal.
I’m very excited about this and have wanted to attend for years. Sign up now at ResistanceExerciseConference.com, get 10% off with promo code corporatewarrior10 and I look forward to meeting you in person!
Subscribe to my emails to get a FREE HIT workout progress sheet and eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Skyler Tanner – Click here
Selected Links from the Episode
- Gary’s Medium posts
- The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding: The Bible of Bodybuilding, Fully Updated and Revised by Arnold Schwarzenegger (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way by Mike Mentzer (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- The Hit and Miss of Periodisation
- Ideal routine
- My Fitness Pal
- Transformation: My top 5 tips for dramatic fat loss!
- Mr Olympia
- Interested in the Corporate Warrior online body coaching service? Email me here
- Self Authoring
- Fear-Setting: The Most Valuable Exercise I Do Every Month
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Amazon US / Amazon UK)
- Big-5 Workout
- Body By Science by Dr. Doug McGuff and John Little (Amazon US / Amazon UK)