Dr Ben Bocchicchio has been an innovator and leader in the fields of fitness, exercise, and health since the 1970s. He founded Sports Conditioning in Staten Island and developed programs for weight reduction, cosmetic enhancement, general fitness, and health and rehabilitation. Dr Ben owned and supervised a number of private fitness and health centers from the early 1970s. He also developed and owned spine and cardio vascular rehabilitation centers, where he used his S.Ma.R.T.-EX™ program.
In the early 1980s, Dr. Ben founded Cardio Management Systems and used resistance training as an intricate part of Phase 2 Cardiac Rehabilitation. This was the first documented and formal use of such exercise and is now commonplace protocol. In the mid-1980s, Dr. Ben became the exercise physiologist for Lehrman Back Centers in Miami Beach, Florida.
Dr. Ben has continued his work in the fields of fitness, wellness, and health to this day. He currently maintains a private fitness and health practice in Arizona. This successful business includes medically managed weight loss programs that combine prescription medication therapy, nutritional counselling, and supervised exercise. Now at 70, Dr. Ben continues to train regularly using his revolutionary S.Ma.R.T.-EX™ training system. This enables him to maintain a high level of strength, significant muscle mass, and low body fat. He continues to be a much sought-after expert and consultant by corporate, educational, and individual clients.
Check out Dr Ben’s book – 15 Minutes to Fitness: Dr. Ben’s SMaRT Plan for Diet and Total Health
Access exclusive content from Ben inside HIT Business Membership
In this episode, we cover:
- The origins of SuperSlow
- Classic tales with Arthur Jones
- Dr Ben’s business success
- High intensity strength training:
- Short vs long workouts
- Bodyweight vs machines
- Potential problems with Timed Static Contraction training
- Maximising hypertrophy
- Workout technique
- … and much, much more
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field – Learn more HERE
Selected Links from the Episode
- 15 Minutes to Fitness: Dr. Ben’s SMaRT Plan for Diet and Total Health ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Mr America
- High intensity training
- Resistance Bands ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Timed static contraction
- Jeremy Loenneke on Blood Flow Restriction Training, Periodization, General Adaptation Syndrome and HIT
- Muscle hypertrophy
- Intermittent Fasting
- Dr Ben Bocchicchio with Fat Emperor – #Resistance #Training for the win !
- Arthur Jones
- Dr Ellington Darden
- Ken Hutchins
- Jim Flanagan (Listen to my episodes with Jim here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Bob Hoffman
- Rocky Balboa
- Dr Jeremy Leonneke (Listen to my episodes with Jeremy here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Charles Atlas
- Dr Jason Fung
- Dr Ted Naiman (Listen to my episodes with Ted here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Steve D. Phinney PhD & Jeff S. Volek PhD
- Gary Taubes (Listen to my episode with Gary here)
- Ivor Cummins (Listen to my episode with Ivor here)