Ivor Cummins BE(Chem) CEng MIEI is a chemical engineer and has since spent over 25 years in corporate technical leadership and management positions. He was shortlisted in 2015 as one of the top 6 of 500 applicants for “Irish Chartered Engineer of the Year”. Ivor has had a prolific career leading teams in complex problem-solving scenarios. He has often led worldwide teams with over 60-70 engineers working on major technical issues; the largest of these involved product issues where hundreds of millions of dollars were in the balance.
Several years ago, Ivor encountered a complex technical challenge in his personal life. Receiving poor blood test results, he was unable to get solutions from multiple doctors. He thus embarked on an intense period of biochemical research into the science of human metabolism. Within eight weeks he had resolved and optimized all of his blood test metrics and had shed over 33lb of body fat with relative ease.
In the following years he continued his research on the many “root causes” of modern disease, from “cholesterol” through to insulin resistance. In order to help stem the tide of chronic disease in our modern population, he embarked on a personal mission to share the science and solutions. He began this process by giving corporate talks and releasing them on YouTube for the wider audience. He has since become a professional speaker of note, giving many public lectures and chairing interviews with worldwide health experts. Most notably he was invited by the President of the British Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (BACPR) to give a keynote talk on heart disease root causes at their annual conference in London in October 2017.
Ivor Cummins is the co-author of Eat Rich, Live Long Mastering the Low-Carb & Keto Spectrum for Weight Loss and Longevity ( Amazon US / Amazon UK ). I really enjoyed this book. It has an excellent scientific underpinning and some of the best high-fat low-carb recipes I’ve ever tasted!
In this episode, we cover:
- The lay challenge in analysing and interpreting scientific data
- How to prevent and reverse Insulin Resistance and Metabolic Syndrome
- The problems with simplistic advice like “fat loss is calories in vs calories out”
- … and much, much more
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field – Learn more HERE
Selected Links from the Episode
- University College Dublin (UCD)
- Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving
- Serum Ferritin
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT)
- Ivor Primetime RTE 13th March 2018 – Defending Sound Science!
- FoodNews Conference 2018 – fixing the Heart Disease Elephant!
- Irish Heart Disease Awareness
- Insulin resistance
- Coronary CT calcium scan
- The Widow Maker
- CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP)
- Peptide YY (PYY)
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1)
- Pareto Principle
- Green & Black’s Organic 85% Dark Chocolate Bar ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- The Carnivore Diet: Pros, Cons, and Suggestions by Mark Sisson
- Amino acid
- Insulin-like growth factor 1
- Intermittent Fasting
- Dr. Benjamin Bikman – ‘Insulin vs. Glucagon: The relevance of dietary protein’
- Blue Zone
- Divilly Meats (Ireland)
- Wilsons Butchers (Ireland)
- Whole Foods
- Diet Doctor
- A calorie is a calorie
- Swiss Re
- Ancestral Health
- Low Carb USA
- Jeffry Gerber, MD
- Dr Ted Naiman (Listen to my episodes with Ted here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- David Bobbett
- Michael R. Eades, M.D.
- Dr Shawn Baker (Listen to my episodes with Shawn here: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3)
- Mark Sisson (Listen to our episode here)
- Jordan Peterson
- Mikhaila Peterson
- Dr Ron Rosedale
- Valter Longo
- Dave Feldman
- Benjamin Bikman PhD
- Jeff Volek, PhD, RD
- Stephen D. Phinney, MD, PhD
- Pat Divilly
- Denise Minger
- Petro Dobromylskyj
- Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt, MD
- Gabor Erdosi
- John Schoonbee