What does it take to earn $10,000 a week as a High-Intensity Personal Trainer even when everybody else struggles to get clients?
Million-Dollar Trainer Pete Cerqua returns to the podcast to break down how he built a referral program for his High-Intensity Training business and kept a steady flow of clients, even during dry spells.
Pete is a master High-Intensity Fitness Coach and creator of The 90-Second Fitness Solution. He has been professionally coaching since 1985 and is also 5-Time Bestselling Author for Simon & Schuster and Skyhorse Publishing, which include the books High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Women and High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Men. His new program “Million Dollar Trainer” shows personal trainers how to earn 7 figures per year.
See Pete’s previous episodes here:
- HIB 416 – How to Become a Million-Dollar Trainer Using HIT
- HIB 418 – How to Price Personal Training & Grow Your Business Fast
In this episode, Pete talks about what makes a good referral program, and what you need to do to drive consistent referrals. We also explore the psychology of selling and how to craft an effective personal training marketing message.
If you’re a HIT studio owner or a personal trainer who wants to generate more high-quality leads and boost business growth through effortless referrals – with actionable steps – check out this episode and start building your referral machine today!
This podcast episode is brought to you by Imagine Strength.
Grow a successful High-Intensity Training business with the best workout equipment, intelligently designed to fit the unique needs of your strength studio.
Imagine Strength lives and breathes HIT, designing innovative equipment that’s of the highest quality at affordable prices.
Visit ImagineStrength.com and discuss your specific needs with the team, and choose the equipment that will propel your fitness business to the next level.
Start today ➡ ImagineStrength.com
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 03:12 – The marketing tactics Pete tried and how he went from 40 sessions to 60 sessions and $5,000 a week
- 08:42 – What lead generation / marketing tactics should YOU use? What SHOULDN’T you use (and why)?25:36 – How a smart referral program should work and the keys to making it work well
- 27:39 – How to use urgency and scarcity as persuasion methods
- 32:23 – Reward consistency, use limitations wisely, earning $10K/week, and keeping “secrets”
- 35:28 – How to help clients do your marketing for you
- 39:15 – How shutting up can help you be a better trainer and better able to focus on your client’s results
- 41:41 – The importance of self-reflection and how it helps you improve your HIT business
- 47:35 – Did Pete focus less on training once his book came out?
- 51:21 – Key mindset for success — the right way to think about investing in your business
People Mentioned & Selected Links from the Episode
- Pete Cerqua | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Women – Pete Cerqua (Book)
- High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Men – Pete Cerqua (Book)
- Arthur Jones | Nautilus | MedX
- Hammer Strength
- Mike Mentzer | HIB episodes
- Dorian Yates (HIB Episode)
- Guerilla Marketing — Jay Conrad Levinson (Book)
- Marketing Made Simple — Donald Miller (Book)