HIT studio owners and High-Intensity Personal Trainers: have you ever wondered what it takes to become a million-dollar trainer (or if it’s even remotely possible for you to accomplish)?
Pete Cerqua is a master High-Intensity Fitness Coach and creator of The 90-Second Fitness Solution. He has been professionally coaching since 1985 and is also 5-Time Bestselling Author for Simon & Schuster and Skyhorse Publishing, which include the books High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Women and High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Men. His new program “Million Dollar Trainer” shows personal trainers how to earn 7 figures per year.
The episode is a deep dive into what you can learn from Pete’s innovative approach to fitness, including the importance of efficient workouts, providing high-quality customer service, and marketing yourself as a HIT professional.
You’ll learn what you need to do to go from zero to owning your own High-Intensity Training studio and making millions as a HIT personal trainer, as Pete shares his business strategies, marketing insights, experiences, and knowledge so you can attract and retain more clients and grow your business towards earning 7 figures annually — don’t miss this one!
This podcast episode is brought to you by Imagine Strength
Grow a successful High-Intensity Training business with the best workout equipment, intelligently designed to fit the unique needs of your strength studio.
Imagine Strength lives and breathes HIT, designing innovative equipment that’s of the highest quality at affordable prices.
Visit ImagineStrength.com and discuss your specific needs with the team, and choose the equipment that will propel your fitness business to the next level.
Start today ➡ ImagineStrength.com
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 03:36 – How Pete Cerqua got started: offering to train women when it wasn’t popular and training people for free
- 09:28 – From bodybuilding to powerlifting for himself to High-Intensity Training for clients (and why)
- 14:51 – How having a less bulky body as a personal trainer helped grow Pete’s HIT fitness business
- 17:06 – Why did Pete switch to HIT when most trainers don’t do that?
- 22:06 – From barely surviving as a personal trainer to beginning to find success
- 27:31 – Why Pete put one high-end client on HIT (due to a rather serious threat)
- 33:00 – Pete details his protocol, talks about chronodynametrics, and how he trains his clients
- 38:08 – How to earn more money as a personal trainer: shorter, more effective workouts; better system; double the income
- 40:59 – How Pete’s no-nonsense approach to training led to shorter workouts, more high-end clients, a book deal, and ultimately a 7-figure business — and what you can learn from it
- 49:11 – How body language can lose you clients (and what you should do about it)
People Mentioned & Selected Links from the Episode
- Pete Cerqua | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Women – Pete Cerqua (Book)
- High-Intensity Fitness Revolution for Men – Pete Cerqua (Book)
- Rachel McLish | Ms. Olympia
- Arthur Jones | Nautilus | MedX
- Mike Mentzer | HIB episodes
- Ken Hutchins
- Jim Williams (powerlifter)
- Casey Viator | The Colorado Experiment: HIB episode 134; HIB episode 315
- Joe Weider | Official website
- Muscle & Fitness Magazine | Official Website
- Strength & Health Magazine
- Brad Schoenfeld: Dose-response relationship between weekly resistance training volume and increases in muscle mass: A systematic review and meta-analysis (paper) | HIB episodes