Mike Lipowski is an author, coach, and Co-Founder of Pure Physique Fitness Franchise along with his wife, Corrie-Beth. They help high performers and busy parents transform their bodies without calorie-counting or cardio by combining their time-efficient resistance training with custom meal planning and mindset coaching.
Mike’s approach to personal training is heavily influenced by The International Association of Resistance Trainers (IART), an online higher education organization that helps fitness professionals develop forward-thinking personal training services that attracts more clients and sets you apart from your competition.
In this episode, Mike discusses the contexts of bodybuilding, different training methods, training plans, workout tracking, benefits and repercussions, stress recovery, and much more.
Get focused on the right things to grow your strength training business when you join HIT Business Membership
This episode is brought to you by StrengthPortal
You need a single software platform that enables your trainers to deliver consistent high quality workouts, track client progress, and scale your business.
The problem is you’re still using pen and paper or basic spreadsheets to run your business, which leads to poor client experiences, inaccurate tracking, and prevents you from growing your business, making you feel frustrated.
StrengthPortal understand your challenge and have worked closely with the HIT industry to create a software platform to manage and scale your niche business.
You can integrate with Mindbody, manage a standardized exercise and workout library for your team, track workouts effectively, and produce client reports at the click of a button.
StrengthPortal is used by multiple businesses in the High Intensity Strength Training community, namely Discover Strength, Smart Strength Austin, MedX Precision Fitness, and more.
Starting with StrengthPortal is super simple:
- Sign up for the best package for your business
- Let Strength Portal take the load off and help onboard your business onto the platform.
- Start delivering consistent workout experiences, and scale your business to the next level.
To help support the podcast, go to StrengthPortal.com/highintensitybusiness, and sign up now, so you can stop feeling frustrated about your business, and start to scale your business to its true potential.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:27 – The various contexts of bodybuilding
- 7:24 – Deviating from Minimum Effective Dose
- 16:27 – Understanding overreaching and overtraining
- 19:12 – The issue of micromanaging strength performance
- 25:35 – Emphasize stress recovery
- 29:41 – Practical applications/programs for bodybuilding
- 37:32 – Length of training, workout tracking
- 46:50 – Repercussions and psychological impacts
- 50:26 – Designing a training plan
- 54:43 – Pricing, packaging, service offer
- 1:05:35 – Feedback, results, success stories
- 1:09:38 – Integrating with a group setting
- 1:17:18 – Does increasing training frequency improve fat loss?
- 1:24:14 – Overview of IART courses
Selected Links from the Episode
- Pure Physique
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by John Little and Doug McGuff
- Super Slow
- IART Personal Training Courses
- Brazilian Jui-Jitsu
- The Colorado Experiment
- STG Strength and Power
- BUD/S Training
- 381 – How to Help Clients Optimize Fat Loss by Focusing on “Satiety per Calorie” with Dr. Ted Naiman
- 382 – How does HIT Help you Lose Fat? – The High Intensity Training Fundamentals Series with Tim Ryan – Part 11
- The Biggest Loser