Mike Petrella is a Master HIT Certified (S.P.A.R.T.A.), MEDX/HIT Certified (IART), and winner of the “Most Innovative Training Program” with the World Head of Family Sokeship Council. He owns STG Strength and Power in Ontario, Canada, which is considered one of the finest and best-equipped private strength and conditioning facilities in the world.
In this episode, Mike Petrella describes how to educate and explain HIT to clients, specifically how to provide better information, improve messaging, and enhance your communication style to convert more clients, and much more.
Get effective sales and conversion strategies to acquire more clients
Download How to Attract Great Personal Trainers PDF
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:05 – Why talking about high level HIT is unnecessary
- 6:11 – Pros of focusing on strength training over weight loss
- 18:43 – Messaging for new prospects
- 25:30 – Responding to cardiovascular questions (Explaining vs. Experiencing)
- 34:56 – How to talk about the benefits of HIT
- 47:44 – Viewpoint about systems, Importance of being authentic
- 51:00 – Educating clients about HIT the right way
Selected Links from the Episode
- STG Strength & Power
- High Intensity Interval Training
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Dr. Doug McGuff and John Little
- 204 – Michael Petrella – How to Deliver the Perfect Introductory Workout
- MedX Machines
- Discover Strength
- The Colorado Experiment
- 315 – Mike Petrella and Michael Perilli – Does STG’s Colorado Experiment Create New Opportunities to Drive Client Results?
- Nautilus Inc.
- Super Slow
- The New High Intensity Training: The Best Muscle-Building System You’ve Never Tried by Ellington Darden
Mike referred to Doug + biomechanics. Was that Doug Brignole?
Lawrence Neal says
Hi John, yes he was referring to Doug Brignole, who has received a lot of praise lately inside and outside of HIT, so I will try and get him on the show! This was the video I was referring to which I’m yet to watch right through https://youtu.be/8VdX59JGEgQ
Really interesting stuff Doug Brignole is sharing online. But he is a high-volume practionair and he believes that high intensity has minimal effect on gaining muscle. Both camps are reffering to the sience. As always I would almost say.