Mike Petrella owns and operates STG Strength and Power, an award-winning, premier private strength and conditioning facility located in Ontario, Canada. He is a MEDX/HIT Certified (IART), Master HIT Certified (S.P.A.R.T.A.), Certified as a Youth Fitness Instructor (YouthFit Certified), winner of the prestiges “Most Innovative Training Program” with the World Head of Family Sokeship Council, and coach to 61 AWPC/WPC/IPA/RPS/100% Raw Powerlifting World Records.
Michael Perilli (info @ mikeperillipt.ca) is STG’s General Manager and owner/head trainer at Michael Perilli Personal Training. Michael graduated from Mohawk College with a diploma in Health, Wellness and Fitness and is a certified CanfitPro Personal Training Specialist. He is also a multi-sport-athlete and was able to excel in Rugby representing Brock University on the USports Level, and both Team Ontario, and Team Canada on the National Level.
In this episode, Mike Petrella and Michael Perilli present in detail how STG recreated the Colorado Experiment including the training protocols, specific diet, recovery interventions and results; and how it’s changed their thoughts about their approach to training clients, and much more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 0:50 – What is the Colorado Experiment?
- 2:49 – Why/How STG recreated the Colorado Experiment
- 7:05 – Training method, workout details, specific diet
- 20:05 – Sleeping patterns and recovery interventions
- 25:47 – Training results – weight gain and strength gain
- 40:43 – Variables that may improve the results
- 46:43 – Is negative-only training overrated?
- 56:58 – Pricing, sustainability, approach to training clients
Selected Links from the Episode
- STG Strength and Power
- The Colorado Experiment
- Nautilus Omni Machines
- Ketogenic Diet
- Krispy Kreme
- Mr. Olympia
- Pumping Iron
- Dynavec’s Gluteator
- MedX Machines
- The Iron Game: An Illustrated History of Weight-Lifting by David Pirie Webster
- The Rogue Iron Game™
- Discover Strength
- Metandienone (Dianabol)