Matt McGunagle (matt @ strengthportal.com) is the CEO and Founder of StrengthPortal, a software platform for personal trainers, gym owners, and multi-location gyms to manage their personal training staff and track personal training services. Matt graduated from Cal Poly SLO as an Economics major with a concentration on Entrepreneurship.
In this episode, Matt shares Strength Portal’s new and upcoming features, why you should use Strength Portal, software development factors, the importance of product specialization, and much more.
This episode is brought to you by StrengthPortal
You need a single software platform that enables your trainers to deliver consistent high quality workouts, track client progress, and scale your business.
The problem is you’re still using pen and paper or basic spreadsheets to run your business, which leads to poor client experiences, inaccurate tracking, and prevents you from growing your business, making you feel frustrated.
StrengthPortal understand your challenge and have worked closely with the HIT industry to create a software platform to manage and scale your niche business.
You can integrate with Mindbody, manage a standardized exercise and workout library for your team, track workouts effectively, and produce client reports at the click of a button.
StrengthPortal is used by multiple businesses in the High Intensity Strength Training community, namely Discover Strength, Smart Strength Austin, MedX Precision Fitness, and more.
Starting with StrengthPortal is super simple:
- Sign up for the best package for your business
- Let Strength Portal take the load off and help onboard your business onto the platform.
- Start delivering consistent workout experiences, and scale your business to the next level.
To help support the podcast, go to StrengthPortal.com/highintensitybusiness, and sign up now, so you can stop feeling frustrated about your business, and start to scale your business to its true potential.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:36 – New updates and upcoming features
- 12:03 – Customer Fitness Reports
- 15:57 – Company Benchmark Programs and Reports
- 18:32 – Thoughts on integrating customer retention metrics
- 21:20 – Specialization and software development factors
- 34:59 – How HIT influenced Strength Portal’s product development
Selected Links from the Episode
- 367 – Strength Portal: The Ultimate Software for your Strength Training Business with Matt McGunagle
- MedX Precision Fitness
- How to Build Million-Dollar Training Gym by Luke Carlson
- Discover Strength
- Stripe, Inc.
- SYSTEMology: Create time, reduce errors and scale your profits with proven business systems by David Jenyns
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Smart Strength
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- 375 – Matt McGunagle – How to Set Up New Personal Trainer Hires for Success