Luke Carlson is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Discover Strength owns and operates strength training studios as well as the Discover Strength Franchise. Luke speaks around the world on leadership, management, and evidence-based exercise.
Luke is an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Exercise Physiologist and has a BS and MS in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota and graduated from the Executive Leadership, Strategy and Innovation program at Stanford University. He received an Honorary PhD from Solent University in Southampton, England. Luke has presented to audiences in a variety of industries across the globe; he has been a featured speaker at FILEX in Australia, TaiSPO in Taiwan, ChinaFit, the Annual IHRSA Convention, the IHRSA European Congress, The Fitness Leaders’ Summit, the European Congress of Sport Science, Mindbody BOLD, Fitness Brazil, and the IHRSA Institute for Health Club Executives. Carlson is one of the top-rated Vistage speakers in North America.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Luke HERE.
In this episode, Luke Carlson talks about virtual personal training programming, how to assess and track client progression, equipment for virtual workouts, how to utilize advanced overload techniques, virtual personal training best practices, and much more…
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 0:39 – What is virtual personal training?
- 2:30 – How to design a virtual workout template
- 14:04 – Virtual workout example, tracking progression
- 36:24 – What (and when) to buy equipment
- 41:52 – Thoughts on exercise bands
- 44:30 – Calf and hamstring exercises
- 47:39 – How to utilize advance overload techniques
- 52:34 – Virtual personal training tips
Selected Links from the Episode
- HIT Business Membership
- How to Build a Virtual Personal Training Business (inside HIT Business Membership)
- Discover Strength
- Michigan State University
- Physio Ball
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Orangetheory Fitness
- MedX Machines
- The New High Intensity Training: The Best Muscle-Building System You’ve Never Tried by Ellington Darden
- Live Oak Strength
- 287 – Dr Ben Bocchicchio – How to Deliver Virtual Personal Training to Seniors