Dr Ben Bocchicchio (drbenbo @ hotmail.com) has been an innovator and leader in the fields of fitness, exercise, and health since the 1970s. He founded Sports Conditioning in Staten Island and developed programs for weight reduction, cosmetic enhancement, general fitness, and health and rehabilitation. Dr Ben owned and supervised a number of private fitness and health centers from the early 1970s. He also developed and owned spine and cardio vascular rehabilitation centers, where he used his S.Ma.R.T.-EX™ program.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Dr. Ben HERE.
Get Dr Ben’s book – 15 Minutes to Fitness: Dr. Ben’s SMaRT Plan for Diet and Total Health
This week, Dr. Ben talks about virtual personal training for clients who are deconditioned, overweight, or seniors, advantages of resistance bands, how to use bands efficiently in your virtual workout sessions, and much more.
For band orders: contact Lifeline Fitness – Joyce 618) 392-0408. Ext: 4238
For all of the show notes, links and resources – Click Here
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:43 – Getting into virtual training and resistance bands
- 7:37 – Advantages of resistance bands to exercise
- 14:57 – Muscle strength and longevity
- 21:14 – Virtual personal training for seniors
- 30:32 – Low-carb and high-protein diet
- 34:31 – Is wall sit a sufficient lower body workout?
- 44:47 – Band rows for clients with discomfort/injury
- 49:49 – Bicep curls with resistance bands
- 53:51 – Split stance vs. shoulder-width square stance
- 55:15 – Tactics to get the most out of a workout
- 58:17 – Selecting the appropriate bands for clients
Selected Links from the Episode
- 15 Minutes to Fitness: Dr. Ben’s SMaRT Plan for Diet and Total Health by Ben Bocchicchio
- Nautilus Machines
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Physiological Society
- Total Gym
- ARX Machines
- Association Between Muscular Strength and Mortality in Men: Prospective Cohort Study by Ruiz, Blair, et. al.
- LowCarb USA
- The PE Diet: Leverage Your Biology to Achieve Optimal Health by Ted Naiman
- Discover Strength
- Music and Dance: Critical Factors of Practice and Conditioning by Ken Hutchins
- LifeLine Fitness