Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions, including virtual personal training, facilitated by educated and expert trainers.
Listen to our first podcast on productivity here.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Luke HERE.
Own a Discover Strength franchise HERE.
Sign up for Virtual REC HERE.
In this episode, Luke Carlson shares strategies to resolve fitness business constraints, productivity hacks, how to get the most from clarity breaks, ways to deal with overwhelm and decision fatigue, and much more.
Don’t miss out on Luke’s diet, meal plans, and strength training routine towards the end!
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:48 – Discover Strength’s current constraints, Fitness app updates
- 14:16 – Resolving constraints in a clarity break
- 17:33 – Self-awareness and managing business fires (eg. COVID-19)
- 21:29 – The Big 3 Rule and Full Focus Planner® for focus and productivity
- 34:11 – How to deal with low-level admin pile up and anxiety
- 54:06 – Luke’s daily diet, meal plans, fasting
- 1:08:25 – Ways to avoid decision fatigue to increase productivity
- 1:13:03 – Luke’s training and workout schedule
Selected Links from the Episode
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Build the Million Dollar Personal Training Gym with Luke Carlson
- Theory of Constraints by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- MedX Machines
- Equinox: Fitness Clubs, Luxury Gym, Workout Clubs
- Full Focus Planner®
- Getting Things Done (GTD®)
- 254 – Kyle Recchia and Skyler Tanner – Getting Things Done® vs. Zen To Done
- The Perfect Workout
- The Ivy Lee Method
- Traction / EOS®
- 34 – David Allen – The Greatest Productivity Expert on the Planet
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story by Donald Miller
- Gainesville Health & Fitness Center
- Kodiak Oatmeal
- Power Plate Meals
- Manny’s Steakhouse
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- PowerBlock Dumbbells
- Pendulum Machines
- Nautilus Inc.
- StairMaster StepMill
- Twin Cities Marathon
- Gino Wickman
- Richard Koch
- Tim Ferriss
- Thomas Plummer
- Gary Vaynerchuck
- Michael Hyatt
- Kyle Recchia | Podcasts
- Matt Hedman | Podcasts
- Charles M. Schwab
- Ivy Lee
- Skyler Tanner | Podcasts
- David Allen | Podcasts
- Joe Cirulli | Podcasts
- Hannah Stael von Holstein | Podcast
- Dr. James Fisher | Podcasts
- Jim Flanagan | Podcasts
- Dr. Stuart Phillips | Podcasts
- Owen Dockham | Podcasts