This podcast was recorded on the 25th March. The content will show you how fast things have moved on regarding COVID-19 since that day.
Ad Ligtvoet is a training instructor and former MedX therapist for Keiser Training in Aachen, Germany. He also runs his own business, Ad Ligtvoet Training Therapy Nutrition, which focuses on helping people restore metabolic health through an efficient and practical application concerning muscle training and nutrition. The exercise program takes place at Ad’s private facility and his nutrition counselling is based on the Bodymed system.
In this episode, Ad Ligtvoet shares his thoughts on the COVID-19 crisis, lessons learnt from Mike Mentzer, updates on his workout and diet, muscle mass optimisation, tips for bodyweight training, and much more.
Bring your HIT Business Online when you Join HIT Business Membership
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is also brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 2:47 – COVID-19 situation in Netherlands
- 7:23 – Benefits of a healthy lifestyle on healthcare system
- 13:50 – Economic and political impact of COVID-19
- 27:54 – Biggest takeaways from Mike Mentzer
- 38:27 – Ad’s workout routine and protein intake
- 47:48 – Maximizing muscle mass, diet and meal frequency
- 56:32 – Workout tips and lower body exercises
Selected Links from the Episode
- Ad Ligtvoet Training Therapy Nutrition
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
- Dr. Paul Saladino
- Mike Mentzer
- Joshua Trentine
- Brian Johnston
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Borge Fagerli (Listen to my episode with Borge HERE)