Patty Durell, along with her husband, Dave Durell, own and operate Rock Solid Fitness, a one-on-one personal training studio in Dunedin, Florida. Their unique high-intensity training philosophy has helped thousands of clients increase strength, lose fat, improve conditioning and rehabilitate injuries.
Patty has been helping people achieve their fitness goals for over 25 years. She is a Master Level Personal Trainer, Certified Conditioning Specialist, Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, and has specialized training in nutrition and physical rehabilitation. Patty practices what she preaches and has lost over 40 pounds, and kept it off, through proper exercise and nutrition. Patty has been a popular speaker to fitness and medical professionals, corporations, college and high school students and many support groups.
Listen to my previous episode with Patty and Dave Durell HERE, where we talk about overcoming failure, hiring and on-boarding.
In this episode, Patty shares the DO’s and DON’Ts in shoulder exercises, how to reduce shoulder injury risk, different shoulder exercises for rehabilitation, and much more.
Get access to personal training systems to accelerate your business when you join HIT Business Membership
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:06 – The shoulder joint anatomy
- 4:29 – DO’s and DON’Ts in shoulder exercises
- 13:28 – Exercises for people with shoulder injuries
- 19:28 – External rotation exercises
- 25:41 – Distinguishing pain vs. discomfort
- 29:01 – Horizontal abduction and shoulder rehab exercises
- 35:46 – Patty’s advice for shoulder shrugs
- 39:26 – Other important shoulder facts
- 42:30 – Rock Solid Fitness workout protocol and client experience
Selected Links from the Episode
- Rock Solid Fitness
- Dunedin, Florida
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- MedX Machines
- Glenoid Fossa
- Nautilus Machines/Bicep Curl
- Os Acromiale