Tim Ryan (info @ stronglifetraining.com) is a Master Super Slow instructor and the owner of Strong Life Personal Training in Barrington, Illinois. As well as personal training, Tim offers mentoring, workshops, and seminars for studio owners to help you improve your trainers, upgrade your machines, and deliver better client results — Learn more and contact Tim here.
In this episode, Tim joins me for Part 5 of our HIT Fundamentals Series where he talks about the importance of lifting the proper weight load, how to determine the ideal weight load, microloading, advanced techniques, and much more.
Listen to Parts 1-4:
- 352 – Tim Ryan – The History and Philosophy of HIT – The High Intensity Training Fundamentals Series
- 354 – Tim Ryan – How to Articulate the Benefits of HIT – The High Intensity Training Fundamentals Series – Part 2
- 358 – Tim Ryan – Movement Speed – The High Intensity Training Fundamentals Series – Part 3
- 360 – Tim Ryan – The Optimal Window for Time Under Load and Time To Concentric Failure – The High Intensity Training Fundamentals Series – Part 4
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This podcast episode is brought to you by ARX
Do you struggle to attract and retain clients in your strength training studio? ARX machines use breakthrough motorized resistance and computer software to give your clients the perfect workout every time, so you can start to deliver great workouts and grow your business with confidence. Get $500 OFF by going to ARXFit.com/HIB and booking a call with the ARX sales team – Book Here
- 3:08 – Importance of lifting the proper weight load
- 14:08 – Exercises that need assisted reps
- 17:39 – Muscular failure and repetition correlations
- 24:15 – Determining the ideal weight load
- 26:03 – The concept of micro loading
- 32:46 – Perspective on advanced training techniques
- 40:06 – Do advanced training techniques enhance results?
- 49:40 – How often and when to use advanced techniques
Selected Links from the Episode
- Strong Life Personal Training
- Nautilus Inc.
- Super Slow
- Discover Strength
- Big 5 Workout
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by John Little and Doug McGuff
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Super Slow Exercise Guild
- Happy Days