Dr. Stuart M. Phillips is an award-winning professor at McMaster University’s Department of Kinesiology, the Director of the Physical Activity Centre of Excellence (PACE) and the McMaster Centre for Nutrition, Exercise, and Health Research, and a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Skeletal Muscle Health.
Dr. Phillips is one of the most sought after and well-respected researchers on the impact of nutrition and exercise on muscle and muscle protein turnover.
Listen to my previous episodes with Stuart HERE.
In this week’s podcast, Stuart Phillips talks about protein requirements and consumption, protein intake for optimizing muscle hypertrophy, diet and nutrition, the 80/20 muscle gain template, and much more.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 3:26 – Does a high-protein diet reduce longevity?
- 19:06 – Protein consumption and resistance exercise
- 24:10 – Is excessive protein intake dangerous?
- 29:52 – Protein dose for optimum muscle gain
- 42:28 – Walking, exercise, public health
- 45:40 – Key factors for optimizing muscle hypertrophy
Selected Links from the Episode
- Insulik-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1)
- AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK)
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- mTor, Resistance Exercise and Aging by Dr. Doug McGuff
- The Brenner Hypothesis
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- The Carnivore Diet by Shawn Baker