Eric Feigl (eric @ ericfeigl.com) is the owner of Eric Feigl Personal Training located in Cincinnati, Ohio. He helps individuals at all skill levels to get strong, move better, and live a healthier lifestyle by using evidence based resistance/strength training principles. His objective is to educate and hold clients accountable while providing effective personal training.
Backed by Mission 5 Fitness, Cincinnati’s most knowledgeable, professional and respected private training facility, Eric established himself as a go-to fitness professional. He focuses on kinesiology and exercise science as they relate to injury prevention, strength development, fat loss, and performance.
Eric is the host of Fitness Candor Podcast interviewing fitness professionals, researchers and fitness entrepreneurs about nutrition and exercise.
In this episode, Eric Feigl talks about his fitness journey, podcasting and virtual training, COVID-19 business recovery, business contingency plans, and much more.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 1:48 – How Eric got into fitness/personal training
- 11:18 – Podcasting, Public speaking, Fitness education
- 16:48 – How to do virtual training throughout COVID-19
- 23:45 – Is virtual training a must for HIT businesses?
- 28:58 – Is in-person personal training still valuable after lockdown?
- 33:58 – Business recovery plan when you reopen
- 38:20 – Importance of savings, contingency plan, and mindset
- 50:52 – Favorite podcast of all time
Selected Links from the Episode
- Eric Feigl Personal Training
- Mission 5 Fitness
- Edwardsville YMCA
- Dynamic Fitness Management (DFM)
- The Workout At Adam’s Landing
- The Paleo Solution Podcast
- Fitness Candor Podcast
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
- Eastern Illinois University
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- Profit First for Microgyms: A Simple System for Healthy Cashflow by John Briggs
- Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big by Bo Burlingham
- Throwback Thursday!: Fitness Candor Ep. 20 – Dr. Wayne Westcott