What’s it like to start your own HIT studio and help people with heart health issues with strength training and rehabilitation?
Joining us is Strength 4 Health‘s Jon Allen (info [at] strength4health [dot] co [dot] uk), a veteran in the High-Intensity Training industry, having worked with clients including cardiac patients and GP referrals for over 45 years. He has a diploma in Diet and Nutrition from Oxford College, is a HITUni-certified High-Intensity Strength Training Specialist, a YMCA-certified Personal Trainer, and he is also a member of the British Association for Cardiac Prevention & Rehabilitation.
In this episode, we talk about how Jon started and grew his fitness business, including getting high-quality leads with BARK.com, why tailoring workout programs to individual clients matters for longer-term success, working with clients who have heart disease and other cardiac issues, and the strategies and tactics you can use to expand your client base, and more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 03:45 – How Jon Started training people using HIT, growing his business fast using BARK.com, and pandemic challenges
- 11:26 – Working inside Europe’s biggest Cardiac Rehabilitation facility
- 14:01 – How can you accurately know your limits when it comes to exercise and heart health concerns?
- 23:51 – Exercising and problems with checking blood pressure — what you should know
- 26:29 – How to Approach Exercise After Heart Surgery (disclaimer: check with your doctor before exercising)
- 34:19 – Lead generation and marketing on BARK.com
- 39:18 – Tailoring Exercise Programs
- 43:33 – Understanding your client’s preferences — client retention and avoiding boredom and churn