Greg Merrilees is the founder of Studio 1 Design, a website design and online marketing company located in Melbourne, Australia. He is passionate about creating good looking website design that gets results. Over the past few years Studio 1 has custom designed over 1,500 websites for high level entrepreneurs including Kevin Rogers, Perry Marshall, James Schramko, Chris Ducker, Ezra Firestone, Jordan Harbinger and Frank Oz.
In this episode, Greg Merrilees talks about the importance of a good website, key aspects of effective websites, website tips and best practices, how to create high conversion websites, and much more.
Lawrence will help you optimize your HIT website inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by the Resistance Exercise Conference
Would you like to:
- Learn from the top strength training professionals and researchers?
- Network and connect with other exercise professionals from all over the world?
- And get inspired, rejuvenated, and focused on your strength training business?
I certainly do, and that is why this will be my third appearance at REC. It’s my favourite weekend of the year, and I am so excited to attend again in March 2020.
So why should you attend REC?
Well, firstly, there will be keynote presentations from exercise icons like Dr. Bente Klarlund Pedersen, Stuart Phillips PhD, James Fisher PhD, and Luke Carlson.
As a studio owner, you will learn business tactics and strategies on how to grow your business from the CEO of Discover Strength, the highest revenue producing strength training company in the nation. Moreover, you will grow your network by connecting with other strength training business owners from around the world.
As a personal trainer, REC will provide you with tangible training techniques to take back to your clients to implement right away for better results. REC is approved by ACSM, NASM, ACE, and NSCA for continuing education credits.
The conference will be held on the 27th and 28th March 2020 at the gorgeous Graduate Hotel, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Join me and register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
If you want to take your strength training business to the next level and build a world class personal training and business network, you must attend. Please register now over at ResistanceExerciseConference.com
- 4:49 – Evolution of website design
- 6:00 – Why studios need to have a good website
- 8:46 – Key aspects of an effective website
- 13:48 – Creative ways for website testimonials
- 22:01 – Tips in using videos and photos
- 27:51 – How to create an impactful ‘About Us’ page
- 31:21 – Common website mistakes and best practices
- 50:02 – How much do websites cost
- 53:41 – Website platform for startups
- 56:52 – The 6 categories of persuasion technique
Selected Links from the Episode
- Studio 1 Design
- Discover Strength
- The Perfect Workout
- Resistance Exercise Reverses Aging in Human Skeletal Muscle by Simon Melov, PhD
- MECLABS Institute
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Kevin Rogers
- Perry Marshall
- Jordan Harbinger
- James Schramko (Listen to my episode with James HERE)
- Chris Ducker
- Ezra Firestone
- Frank Oz
- Dr. James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- Stuart Phillips, PhD (Listen to my episodes with Stuart here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Dr. James Steele (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Dr. Brad Schoenfeld (Listen to my episodes with Brad here: Part 1 and Part 2)
- Simon Melov, PhD (Listen to my episode with Simon HERE)
- Tim Ash
- Hannah Stael von Holstein (Listen to my episode with Hannah HERE)
- John Lint (Listen to my episode with John HERE)