Tim Ryan (info @ stronglifetraining.com) is a Master Super Slow instructor and owner of Strong Life Personal Training in Barrington, Illinois. As well as personal training, Tim offers mentoring, workshops, and seminars for studio owners to help you improve your trainers, upgrade your machines, and deliver better client results — Learn more and contact Tim here.
Listen to Part 1:
In this episode, Tim joins me for Part 2 of our HIT Fundamentals Series where he talks about how to effectively communicate the benefits of HIT to clients, the importance of progression, client-focused workouts, and much more.
This podcast episode is brought to you by ARX
Do you struggle to attract and retain clients in your strength training studio? ARX machines use breakthrough motorized resistance and computer software to give your clients the perfect workout every time, so you can start to deliver great workouts and grow your business with confidence. Get $500 OFF by going to ARXFit.com/HIB and booking a call with the ARX sales team – Book Here
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:17 – Health benefits of strength training
- 27:18 – The effects of HIT on the immune system
- 32:58 – Client-focused initial consultation and workouts
- 42:28 – Importance of exercise progression
- 55:07 – Workshops for trainers
Selected Links from the Episode
- Strong Life Personal Training
- Nautilus Inc.
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Institute for Human & Machine Cognition (IHMC)
- IHMC STEM-Talk Episode 24: Doug McGuff talks about resistance training, myokines, strength and health
- Discover Strength
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by John Little and Doug McGuff
- MedX Avenger Leg Press