If you already own a Health or Fitness Business, should you add High-Intensity Training to it (if you haven’t already?)
To some, this might sound like a no-brainer (or at minimum a really good idea). But are there any legitimate risks, beyond the obvious rewards of offering HIT to your clients?
Discover Strength CEO Luke Carlson (luke [at] discoverstrength [dot] com) returns to the podcast to talk about what you need to know if you’re thinking about introducing HIT into your Fitness Business, such as how to make it a good fit, creating synergies with your existing business, billing and pricing for training sessions, being competitive in a crowded market (even with larger health clubs), and how you can diversify your fitness business and unlock even more success using High-Intensity Training.
This podcast episode is brought to you by Imagine Strength.
Grow a successful High-Intensity Training business with the best workout equipment, intelligently designed to fit the unique needs of your strength studio.
Imagine Strength lives and breathes HIT, designing innovative equipment that’s of the highest quality at affordable prices.
Visit ImagineStrength.com and discuss your specific needs with the team, and choose the equipment that will propel your fitness business to the next level.
Start today ➡ ImagineStrength.com
This podcast episode is also brought to you by Joint-Friendly Fitness.
Discover the game-changing book, Joint-Friendly Fitness by Bill DeSimone: personal trainers, elevate your service by delivering workouts that prioritize joint health and effectiveness; fitness enthusiasts, unlock the secrets to safer, biomechanically sound exercises that enhance your routine — this is a must-have for every fitness journey.
💎 “Mandatory… [Bill’s] crowning achievement in the world of exercise science.” — John Little
💎 “The best book… on the biomechanics of strength training!” — Dr. Ellington Darden
💎 “[A] masterpiece.” — Dr. Doug McGuff
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 04:34 – If you have a business focused on health and fitness but not on High-Intensity Strength Training, how should you think about this relevant to how it fits with your current offerings? (Strategic Niches and providing value)
- 09:10 – How to get started: Frameworks, commitment, conviction, proper focus, and principles to think about
- 13:35 – Physical Therapy versus High-Intensity Training — Can these two businesses work synergistically together, and what factors do you need to think about?
- 17:34 – Understanding what your business actually is and why this matters if you want to start expanding and incorporating other things into it
- 19:37 – How to Properly Focus as an Entrepreneur to become a Successful Business Owner and how your mindset can affect your business
- 23:18 – Understanding how Proper Business Focus can help you outcompete bigger health clubs
- 28:30 – When does a desire to have a different or additional business become a distraction from what your business should be? (More on strategic niches and synergistic businesses)
- 34:09 – The effect that strategic niche should have on how people see your business and how effectively you can market your brand (Discover Strength’s example)
- 36:13 – Ready to incorporate HIT into your Fitness Business? Here are the keys you need to think about
People Mentioned & Selected Links from the Episode
- Luke Carlson | Luke on Instagram | Discover Strength | Discover Strength Franchise | HIB Episodes
- Fred Hahn | HIB Episodes
- Roger Schwab | HIB Episode
- Joe Cirulli | HIB Episode
- Dr. Doug McGuff | HIB Episodes
- Dr. Wayne Westcott on ResearchGate | HIB Episodes
- Dr. Ellington Darden
- The Perfect Workout
- The Exercise