Billy Fletcher is the owner of the Optimization Training Lab in Greenville, South Carolina, which houses three programs: Fletcher Fitness (Quantified Strength Training), Alliance Jiu-jitsu, and Braelen’s Speed Shop (Speed Training). His passion and mission is coaching others so that they can close the gap between where they are and what their true potential is.
Billy is also Master SuperSlow Instructor, Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, and a Kokoro 21 graduate.
In this episode, Billy shares his HIT epiphany, business journey, growth strategies, fitness challenge ideas, key factors for increase your client base, and much more.
This episode is brought to you by StrengthPortal
Are you still using pen, paper, and spreadsheets? Do you worry about providing inconsistent workout experiences that disappoint your clients and stifles the growth of your business? Don’t put up with tools that frustrate you!
Join industry heavyweights like Discover Strength, MedX Precision Fitness, and many others and start using StrengthPortal to easily track workouts, deliver consistently high-quality client experiences, and scale your business painlessly and grow faster — try StrengthPortal today!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 4:06 – Optimization Training Lab (history, business profile, programs & offerings)
- 11:44 – Billy’s HIT journey and HIT inspirations
- 19:27 – How to manage business transition challenges
- 26:31 – Conversation with Steve Maxwell
- 30:48 – Early stages of business (problems, strategic niche, growth tactics)
- 36:54 – Benefits of implementing business systems
- 45:17 – Key factors to grow your client base
- 54:04 – Fitness challenge ideas to increase revenue
- 58:26 – 1-on-1 vs. Group Training, what’s more profitable?
- 1:02:13 – The value of using scorecards
- 1:05:20 – Benefits of having a business coach
Selected Links from the Episode
- Optimization Training Lab
- SEALFIT Kokoro
- Super Slow
- Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
- Braelen’s Speed Shop
- CAROL Bike
- MedX Machines
- Pendulum Strength Equipment
- Nautilus Inc.
- The Opt Lab Podcast
- The Opt Lab Podcast (EP 15 – Steve Maxwell)
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Strength Portal
- Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork by Dan Sullivan and Benjamin Hardy
- SYSTEMology: Create time, reduce errors and scale your profits with proven business systems by David Jenyns
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman