Sherri McMillan is a fitness columnist, author, and owner of Northwest Personal Training in Vancouver, Washington, awarded both the Better Business Bureau’s Business of the Year and the Chamber of Commerce Community Builder award.
Sherri has more than 30 years of experience in the fitness industry and has presented hundreds of workshops and worked with thousands of fitness leaders worldwide. Over her career, she received numerous awards: the 2010 International CanFitPro Fitness Presenter of the Year, 2006 IDEA Program Director of the Year, Inaugural IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year, 1998 Canadian CanFitPro Presenter of the Year.
In this episode, Sherri talks about external marketing tactics, creating a marketing calendar, calculating your marketing budget, how to get corporate speaking engagements, how to deliver an effective presentation, and much more.
Are you still using pen, paper, and spreadsheets? Do you worry about providing inconsistent workout experiences that disappoint your clients and stifles the growth of your business? Don’t put up with tools that frustrate you!
Join industry heavyweights like Discover Strength, MedX Precision Fitness, and many others and start using Strength Portal to easily track workouts, deliver consistently high-quality client experiences, and scale your business painlessly and grow faster — go to StrengthPortal.com/HighIntensityBusiness and try StrengthPortal now.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 01:56 – Key points and episode highlights
- 15:25 – Marketing fundamentals and calendar planning
- 18:58 – Northwest Personal Training marketing calendar
- 22:39 – How to calculate your marketing budget
- 24:48 – Marketing calendar template, external marketing tactics
- 29:48 – How to source corporate speaking engagements
Selected Links from the Episode
- Northwest Personal Training
- Northwest Personal Training & Fitness Education
- Business Made Simple: 60 Days to Master Leadership, Sales, Marketing, Execution, Management, Personal Productivity and More by Donald Miller
- Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (CanFitPro)
- IDEA World Fitness
- Discover Strength
- 296 – Sherri McMillan – 3 Marketing Tactics to Grow Your HIT Business