Patrik Meier is the Chief Operating Officer for Kieser Training. He is a mechanical and industrial engineer, and has specialized in sales, marketing, and branding. Patrik spent time in the Swiss army as an infantry officer, and in the health industry in different management and executive positions.
Starting from 1967, Kieser Training was a pioneer — it was one of the first companies to recognize the health benefits of strength training and consistently encouraged the use of exercise machines. More than 50 years later, Kieser has remained faithful to this concept and has continued to develop machines on the basis of current medical research to guarantee maximum training effectiveness.
Kieser has 42 facilities and 118 franchises worldwide. There are 1,500 people in the Kieser team and over 265,000 clients.
Own a Kieser Training franchise
In this episode, Patrik shares the life and success of Werner Kieser, Kieser Training’s core values and business processes, mentorship, target market strategies, and much more.
This episode is brought to you by StrengthPortal
You need a single software platform that enables your trainers to deliver consistent high quality workouts, track client progress, and scale your business.
The problem is you’re still using pen and paper or basic spreadsheets to run your business, which leads to poor client experiences, inaccurate tracking, and prevents you from growing your business, making you feel frustrated.
StrengthPortal understand your challenge and have worked closely with the HIT industry to create a software platform to manage and scale your niche business.
You can integrate with Mindbody, manage a standardized exercise and workout library for your team, track workouts effectively, and produce client reports at the click of a button.
StrengthPortal is used by multiple businesses in the High Intensity Strength Training community, namely Discover Strength, Smart Strength Austin, MedX Precision Fitness, and more.
Starting with StrengthPortal is super simple:
- Sign up for the best package for your business
- Let Strength Portal take the load off and help onboard your business onto the platform.
- Start delivering consistent workout experiences, and scale your business to the next level.
To help support the podcast, go to StrengthPortal.com/highintensitybusiness, and sign up now, so you can stop feeling frustrated about your business, and start to scale your business to its true potential.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 3:34 – The history of Kieser Training
- 9:31 – Boxing career and shift toward strength training
- 11:45 – Skills, tradesman career, entrepreneurship
- 17:45 – Mentorship under Gustav Grossmann
- 28:11 – Keiser Training’s target market strategy
- 35:29 – Werner’s idiosyncrasies and habits
- 40:55 – Critical thinking and managing overwhelm
- 50:04 – Core values, culture, and business processes
Selected Links from the Episode
- Kieser Training
- Kieser Training (Switzerland)
- Kieser Training (Australia)
- Gustav Grossman – The Pioneer of Self-Optimization (Translated) | Original Article in German
- Nautilus Inc.
- MedX Machines
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by John Little and Doug McGuff
- How to Live on 24 Hours a Day by Arnold Bennett
- Men’s Health
- Socratic Method
- Marketing Warfare: How to Use Military Principles to Develop Marketing Strategies by Al Ries
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- HIT Business Membership
Leave a Reply