Liam Bauer and Jesse Schmidt are the owners of TNT Strength, a strength training studio in Oakland, California. TNT Strength has been in operation since April 2021 and currently features 3 strength training coaches serving 65 clients with HIT influenced exercise protocols.
Liam and Jesse are passionate about the life-changing and performance-enhancing effects of strength training, and they look forward to expanding their influence to help even more people in the future.
In this episode, Liam and Jesse share their business journey (starting and growing TNT Strength), client acquisition tactics, marketing strategies, business systems, and much more.
This episode is brought to you by StrengthPortal
You need a single software platform that enables your trainers to deliver consistent high quality workouts, track client progress, and scale your business.
The problem is you’re still using pen and paper or basic spreadsheets to run your business, which leads to poor client experiences, inaccurate tracking, and prevents you from growing your business, making you feel frustrated.
StrengthPortal understand your challenge and have worked closely with the HIT industry to create a software platform to manage and scale your niche business.
You can integrate with Mindbody, manage a standardized exercise and workout library for your team, track workouts effectively, and produce client reports at the click of a button.
StrengthPortal is used by multiple businesses in the High Intensity Strength Training community, namely Discover Strength, Smart Strength Austin, MedX Precision Fitness, and more.
Starting with StrengthPortal is super simple:
- Sign up for the best package for your business
- Let Strength Portal take the load off and help onboard your business onto the platform.
- Start delivering consistent workout experiences, and scale your business to the next level.
To help support the podcast, go to StrengthPortal.com/highintensitybusiness, and sign up now, so you can stop feeling frustrated about your business, and start to scale your business to its true potential.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 4:06 – The transition to becoming studio owners
- 8:26 – Finding the studio space and equipment
- 24:20 – Client acquisition and growth strategies
- 33:39 – The value of systems and customer experience
- 48:00 – TNT Strength’s referral program
- 50:53 – Thoughts on training/business dynamics
- 57:47 – Marketing tactics, referral conversion rate
- 1:08:47 – Having a business partner: Yes or No?
Selected Links from the Episode
- TNT Strength
- Truth Not Trends Podcast
- Black Iron Strength®
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Nautilus Nitro
- MedX Machines
- Live Oak Strength
- Star Trac®
- Nautilus Nitro Evo
- Harambe System
- Business Network International (BNI)
- Rotary Club
- #114: Strength Therapy with Brian & Peter Collins!
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Discover Strength
- Facebook Ads
- Quantify Fitness
- Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber