Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the CEO of Discover Strength, a strength training business located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Discover Strength operates 7 personal training facilities including a private studio in Edina.
Luke is very active in sharing his expertise on business management, leadership, and strength training. He and his team at Discover Strength also host the Resistance Exercise Conference.
In this episode, Luke Carlson shares his microstudio story, which will help you understand how to better test ideas with less risk, how to measure performance, how to manage expectations, and much more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 2:19 – What is a microstudio?
- 7:46 – How to ‘rifle shot’ better in your business
- 11:59 – Promotion, messaging, workout protocols
- 17:53 – Launching mistakes and tactics
- 22:56 – Scorecard, results, measuring performance
- 32:37 – Why playing small hinders business growth
- 41:31 – Learning from failures, Counter examples
- 48:06 – The value of a ‘rifle shot’
Selected Links from the Episode
- Discover Strength
- Nautilus Inc.
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins
- MedX Machines
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- Fabiano Designs
- Smart Strength
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)