Luke Summers is the COO of Power Athlete, co-Founder/co-host of Power Athlete Radio, and a Power Athlete coach. He’s been coaching athletes, training clients, and educated thousands of coaches around the globe since 2007.
After a 6-year stint running pricing and product strategy at a Fortune 500 company, he took the plunge into the gym business to follow his passion. Since then, he has helped grow power athletes, and turned a brick and mortar gym averaging 500 clients annually into a multi-million-dollar online business. Now, Power Athlete have 130+ coaches empowering thousands of athletes and coaches every single month.
In this episode, Luke Summers shares the story of Power Athlete, training components to improve client retention, adaptability in training, virtual training tips, client acquisition strategies, and much more.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:52 – Power Athlete (story, mission, and services)
- 7:07 – Coaching/educating the coaches
- 12:26 – The bio, psycho, social aspects in training
- 18:21 – How to foster social more effectively
- 24:54 – Psychological considerations and implementation
- 31:49 – Assessment, gamification, customer experience
- 46:08 – Importance of adaptability in training
- 49:15 – In-person training vs. Virtual training
- 1:02:15 – Virtual training and client acquisition tips
- 1:14:36 – Advice for coaches/HIT entrepreneurs
Selected Links from the Episode
- Power Athlete
- Power Athlete Radio
- CrossFit Football
- Train Heroic
- Discover Strength
- Virtual Fitness
- Key and Peele