Brad Thorpe (brad @ isophit.com) is a multi-patented inventor and CEO of Isophit™, a versatile isometric system for fitness, rehabilitation, and sports performance professionals. Brad is considered as the world’s leading expert in isometric strength training with over 29 years of experience in the fitness and performance industry.
In this episode, Brad discusses the Isophit™ isometric system, the physiological and neurological benefits of isometrics, dynamic exercise vs. isometrics, and much more.
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:24 – Working with a zombie
- 3:29 – Brad’s fitness background and journey
- 11:09 – Isophit™ story – origin, patenting, development
- 29:08 – Isophit™ Mobile Strength Kit (MSK)
- 30:21 – Dynamic exercise vs. Isometrics – injury mitigation
- 50:07 – Dynamic exercise vs. Isometrics – muscle hypertrophy
- 55:30 – Does Isophit™ offer enough variety?
- 58:50 – The 30inThirty™ Strength Training program
- 1:06:31 – Neurological benefits of isometric exercise
- 1:10:19 – Thoughts on digital feedback of force output
- 1:19:18 – Different Isophit™ products
Selected Links from the Episode
- Isophit™ Strength Trainer
- Isophit™ M.S.K.
- Isophit™ Strength Zone
- Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Resistance Training Specialist
- Nautilus Inc.
- Muscle Activation Techniques Specialist
- National Football League (NFL)
- Super Bowl
- McMaster University
- The Perfect Workout
- Super Slow
- MedX Machines
- John Hopkins University
- 30inThirty™ Strength Training Program