Pete Sisco says if you want to advocate High Intensity Training you ought to have a bloody measurement for Intensity.
He is the foremost authority on Power Factor ( Amazon US / Amazon UK ) and Static Contraction Training ( Amazon US / Amazon UK ), has authored six titles published by McGraw Hill on the subject of efficient HIT strength training, and is a successful online author and publisher of innovative fitness e-products.
His training articles and methods have been featured in many mainstream publications including, Men’s Journal, Golf, Men’s Fitness, Flex, Muscle & Fitness and others.
It is estimated over 200,000 trainees have used his methods. His books have been translated into Japanese, Italian, Swedish and Russian and his e-products sell in over 100 countries worldwide.
In this episode, Pete talks about his view on how to maximize strength and muscle gain, what many personal trainers often neglect to tell you, and how he started and grew his online businesses and gained the personal freedom to do essentially what he wants, when he wants – and how you can do the same.
Contact Pete Sisco:
- Precision Training by Pete Sisco
- Pete Sisco’s Safely Leave the Rat Race
- Pete Sisco’s Official Website
- Pete Sisco on Facebook
- Pete Sisco on Twitter
- Pete Sisco on Google+
In this episode, we cover:
- How to define training intensity to maximize your results
- What training methods build muscle faster and more effectively
- How to build a successful online business doing what you love and gain financial freedom
- … and much more!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation. As well as being utilised by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $1,000 OFF software licensing fees, please go to ARXfit.com and mention Corporate Warrior in the how did you hear about us field.
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff and Discover Strength CEO, Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. There are courses for both trainers and trainees. So even if you’re not a trainer but someone who practices HIT, this course can help you figure out how to improve your progress and get best results. Check out Hituni.com, add the course you want to your shopping cart and enter the coupon code ‘CW10’ to get 10% off your purchase!
To subscribe via email and get my FREE eBook with 6 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr Doug McGuff, Drew Baye and Skyler Tanner – Click here
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Have you tried starting your own online business? What was your experience like? Please let me know in the comments at the bottom of this post.
Click the link below to listen from the exact time stamp on Overcast:
- Pete talks about defining and measuring intensity and how to use that information to maximize muscle gains [6:37]
- On one thing personal trainers rarely ever tell clients and why it matters to you and your workouts [19:30]
- Should you expect improved results after each and every workout? [20:51]
- The key to effective gains and how most strength training equipment companies fall short in this regard [24:30]
- Pete on finding out which protocols deliver the highest intensity and the most results [29:00]
- Pete talks about the different kinds of strength and why this should matter to you [32:53]
- Pete talks about his Timed Set approach and the results his clients get [39:15]
- Pete on training frequency, maximizing gains for specific outcomes, the role of recovery, and why objective measurements matter [41:51]
- Pete talks about how to create your online business, how to grow it and make it successful, and how it can let you travel the world whenever you want [44:12]
Selected Links from the Episode
- Static Contraction Training by Pete Sisco and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Tony Robbins’ Ultimate Edge
- Power Factor Training: A Scientific Approach to Building Lean Muscle Mass by Pete Sisco and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Power Factor Specialization: Chest & Arms by Pete Sisco and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Power Factor Specialization: Shoulders & Back by Pete Sisco and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Power Factor Specialization: Abs and Legs by Pete Sisco and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Power Factor Training Logbook by Pete Sisco and John Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Google Earth
- Apple Watch ( Amazon )
- Universal Fitness Equipment
- Hammer Strength
- ARX (Adaptive Resistance Exercise)
- Arthur Jones and the cam-shaped pulleys in Nautilus equipment (PDF)
- Ball State University
- McMaster University
- Guiness Book of World Records | Heaviest Bench Press
- Bench Press World for Most Weight Lifted in a 24-Hour Period (Mike Joseph; Men, Team of Nine)
- Understanding Alpha Strength and Beta Strength by Pete Sisco
- Liberty Under Attack | LUA Radio 8.7: Pete Sisco (Perpetual Traveling/Making Money on the Internet)
- Pete Sisco on the Static Contraction Machine