John Little (Linkedin) is considered “one of the top fitness researchers in North America” (Ironman magazine). An accomplished author in the field of exercise (Max Contraction Training, Body By Science, The Art of Expressing the Human Body), philosophy, history and martial arts, John’s articles have been published in every major fitness and martial arts magazine in North America. He’s produced over 40 publications.
Throughout his career, John has worked alongside the biggest names in the industry, from the Estate of Bruce Lee, to bodybuilding icons such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mike Mentzer, Steve Reeves and Lou Ferrigno to action stars such as Jackie Chan. John is also an award-winning documentary filmmaker, having produced and directed films for both independent companies and major studios such as Warner Bros.
John and his wife Terri opened Nautilus North Strength & Fitness Centre in 2004, where they continue to conduct studies on exercise and share the data with their personal training clients. Nautilus North has supervised in excess of 80,000 one-on-one workout sessions.
Check out John Little’s NEW book, The Time-Saver’s Workout: A Revolutionary New Fitness Plan that Dispels Myths and Optimizes Results
In this podcast, we continue to talk about John’s new book (The Time-Saver’s Workout), exhaustion and HIT, the Delorme-Watkins method, why diet and exercise might not correlate with longevity and much, much more.
Listen to my other podcasts with John here:
- John Little: Inside the Mind of Mike Mentzer, Body By Science and his Workout with Hercules
- How To Find Your Purpose – John Little
- John Little – The Time Saver’s Workout Part 1 (#214)
Access proven business systems and exclusive content from John inside HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- [00:16] Introduction to John Little
- [01:35] Why some people don’t exhibit exhaustion after an HIT workout?
- [05:50] Is exhaustion necessary for an effective HIT workout?
- [10:01] The Delorme-Watkins Method for your HIT workout
- [23:49] John’s preferred way of training
- [25:39] Why diet & exercise do not correlate with longevity?
- [36:58] How genetics correlates with longevity?
- [41:39] John’s cognitive dissonance and the search for truth
- [54:14] John’s thoughts on modern resistance machines vs. gravity based machines
- [01:06:12] The evolution of resistance machines
- [01:10:19] Find out more about John and his book
Selected Links for the Episode
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little
- The Time-Saver’s Workout: A Revolutionary New Fitness Plan that Dispels Myths and Optimizes Results by John Little
- Max Pyramid Protocol
- CAR.O.L. bike
- Nautilus Machines
- Delorme-Watkins Method
- lactic acidosis
- York Barbell System
- Weider Barbell
- Billard Barbell Company
- Mr. America
- Ponce de Leon and fountain of youth story
- Max Contraction Training : The Scientifically Proven Program for Building Muscle Mass in Minimum Time by John Little
- Life Fitness machines
- Arc Trainer
- Outstrip Equipments
- MedX machines
- Nautilus North Strength & Fitness Centre
- Ken Hutchins
- Mike Mentzer
- Arthur Jones
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Dr. Arthur Steinhaus
- Ponce de Leon
- Bill DeSimone (Listen to my episodes with Bill DeSimone here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Marc Andreessen
- Dr. Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5)
- Will Durant
- Steve Martin
- Roger Schwab (Listen to my episode with Roger here)
- Joe Weider