In this episode, I am interviewed by Coach Bill of the Anchors of Health Podcast. Bill is a great host and his podcast is dedicated to helping working professionals build the healthiest versions of themselves. It has 5-stars with 100+ reviews! Subscribe here
This is a really fun conversation and a comprehensive introduction to high intensity training. I think you will really enjoy this episode if you’re a beginner to HIT or looking to brush up on your HIT fundamentals.
In this episode, we cover:
- How HIT can save you tons of time in the gym
- Examples of HIT using machines, bodyweight and free weights
- Repetition speed
- How to measure TUL (time-under-load) and total workout time
- How to determine the correct weight to use for each exercise
- Best practices for warming up
- How to train safely
- How to improve your cardiovascular system
- … and much more
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”.
Would you like to hear more from me on high intensity strength training? Check out this episode where I talk about the Slow Carb Diet, anti-aging, common training mistakes, the importance of adding one new habit at a time, and much more (stream below or right-click here to download):
This episode is brought to you by Hituni.com, providers of the best online courses in high intensity training that come highly recommended by Dr. Doug McGuff, Dr James Fisher and Luke Carlson. Course contributors include world-class exercise experts like Drew Baye, Ellington Darden and Skyler Tanner. If you want to become an excellent HIT Personal Trainer, create a great team of trainers, build a successful fitness business or just significantly improve your knowledge of high intensity training, use CW10 to get 10% off courses – HERE
This episode is also brought to you by Health IQ: A life insurance company that helps health conscious people like runners, cyclists, weight lifters, HIT participants and more, get a lower rate on their life insurance.
Go to healthiq.com/cwarrior to support the show and see if you qualify. If you take care of yourself, do smart strength training, eat well, and you’re life insurance company doesn’t seem like they care, there’s an answer for you: Health IQ actually gives savings to people who take care of themselves. About 56% of Health IQ customers save between 4-33% on their life insurance. Health IQ customers can save up to a third because physically active people have a 56% lower risk of heart disease, 20% lower risk of cancer and a 58% lower risk of diabetes compared to people who are inactive, but your life insurance company probably just doesn’t care, you care, and there are companies out there that care.
To see if you qualify, get your free quote today at healthiq.com/cwarrior or mention the promo code CWarrior when you talk to a health IQ agent.
FREE HIT workout progress sheet and 20 podcast transcripts with guests like Dr. Doug McGuff, Drew Baye, and Bill DeSimone – Click Here
QUESTION(S) OF THE DAY: Do you want to hear more episodes like these? Let me know in the comments below.
Selected Links from the Episode
- Spartan Health Regime
- Paleo Diet & Strength Training Biochemistry | Doug McGuff M.D. | Full Length HD
- Paleo Diet
- High intensity strength training
- High intensity interval training
- Nautilus, Inc.
- MedX exercise machines
- Big-5 workout demo
- TRX Training ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- HIT bodyweight workout demo
- HIT chin-up demo
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Dr Doug McGuff and John R. Little ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- My bodyweight training journey (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Volume and Frequency
- Twelve Weeks of Sprint Interval Training Improves Indices of Cardiometabolic Health Similar to Traditional Endurance Training despite a Five-Fold Lower Exercise Volume and Time Commitment
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- How To 10x Your Sales Productivity And Finally Build That HIT Business
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss ( Amazon US / Amazon UK )
- Dr Weston A Price
- Dr Doug McGuff (Listen to my episodes with Doug here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4)
- Dr James Fisher (Listen to my episodes with James here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5)
- Arthur Jones
- Drew Baye (Listen to my episodes with Drew here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, and Part 7)
- Martin Gibala
- Tim Ferriss
- Peter Drucker