Luke Carlson (luke @ discoverstrength.com) is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength, a fast growing personal training business based in Minneapolis and four other personal training facilities in Minnesota. Discover Strength offers a variety of strength training sessions, including virtual personal training, facilitated by educated and expert trainers.
Learn how you can own a Discover Strength franchise HERE
Listen to my previous podcasts with Luke HERE.
Michael is MEDX/HIT Certified (IART), Master HIT Certified (S.P.A.R.T.A.), Certified as a Youth Fitness Instructor (YouthFit Certified), winner of the prestiges “Most Innovative Training Program” with the World Head of Family Sokeship Council, and coach to 61 AWPC/WPC/IPA/RPS/100% Raw Powerlifting World Records.
Listen to my previous podcasts with Michael HERE.
In this episode, Michael Petrella and Luke Carlson talk about the future of HIT, how to start a HIT studio post COVID-19, how to identify your target market, marketing and client acquisition strategies, and much more.
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
- 1:39 – COVID-19 and reopening updates
- 13:13 – Post COVID-19 mindset and future plans
- 24:31 – Impact on consumer behaviors
- 35:16 – Future of HIT and business opportunities
- 42:25 – Workout protocols during COVID-19
- 49:07 – Why health clubs are viewed as ‘excertainment’
- 54:28 – Basic checklist to start a studio post COVID-19
- 1:18:21 – Identifying the target market
- 1:25:29 – Marketing and tactics to getting your first clients
- 1:40:48 – Advice for startups and HIT entrepreneurs
Selected Links from the Episode
- Preparing Your HIT Business for Coronavirus (First podcast on Coronavirus with Mike Petrella and Luke Carlson)
- COVID-19 Pandemic
- Resistance Exercise Conference (REC)
- Nautilus Inc.
- MedX Machines
- The Art of Manliness: Classic Skills and Manners for the Modern Man by Brett McKay and Kate McKay
- 204 – Michael Petrella – How To Deliver The Perfect Introductory Workout
- Dynavec Multi-Directional Resistance Systems
- Pendulum Machines
- The Day After Tomorrow
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- HITuni (HIT Courses)
- Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro)
- GoodLife Fitness
- Talk Triggers: The Complete Guide to Creating Customers with Word of Mouth by Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin
- Business Network International (BNI)
- Body by Science: A Research Based Program for Strength Training, Body building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week by Doug McGuff and John Little