Erik McKay is the owner and coach of No Bull Strength and Performance, founded in January 2010. He helps athletes, students, working professionals, moms and dads improve their strength, nutrition, and mindset. No Bull’s 30-minute intense workout enables people of different ages to achieve their strength and performance goals.
Erik has a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Physical Education at Central Michigan University. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified, Head and Neck Training Specialist, among others.
This week Erik McKay shares his troubled past, how he has rebuilt himself and a loving family, how he got into HIT and started No Bull, key principles for neck training, head and neck exercise protocols, and much more.
Get help with your HIT business when you join HIT Business Membership
Enjoy the show using buttons and links below!
- Listen to it on Apple Podcasts
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”
This episode is brought to you by ARXFit.com, ARX are the most innovative, efficient and effective all-in-one exercise machines I have ever seen. I was really impressed with my ARX workout. The intensity and adaptive resistance were unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I love how the machine enables you to increase the negative load to fatigue target muscles more quickly and I love how the workouts are effortlessly quantified. The software tracks maximum force output, rate of work, total amount of work done and more in front of you on-screen, allowing you to compete with your pervious performance, to give you and your clients real-time motivation.
As well as being utilized by many HIT trainers to deliver highly effective and efficient workouts to their clients, ARX comes highly recommended by world-class trainers and brands including Bulletproof, Tony Robbins, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. To find out more about ARX and get $500 OFF install, please go to ARXFit.com and mention “High Intensity Business” in the how did you hear about us field – ORDER HERE
- 2:58 – HIT business amidst COVID-19
- 8:07 – How Erik rebuilt himself following a dark start to life
- 14:25 – Erik’s career, football, family building
- 21:46 – How No Bull Strength & Performance started
- 31:31 – Acquiring the barn (studio space) on Craigslist
- 35:06 – How to succeed by pursuing your passion
- 44:04 – No Bull’s workout pricing
- 47:00 – Training influence from coaches and HIT mentors
- 54:16 – No Bull’s workout program and virtual training
- 59:06 – Training Tim Lelito
- 1:08:17 – The critical importance of neck training
- 1:14:32 – Neck strengthening exercises
Selected Links from the Episode
- No Bull Strength & Performance
- Neck Training and Concussion Prevention
- Precision Nutrition
- Nautilus, Inc.
- Craigslist, Inc.
- PowerBlock Dumbbells
- Grand Valley State University
- MedX Machines
- Drew Baye’s Project Kratos
- Pendulum Machines
- In the Gym: Head & Neck Training